Capcom Classics Remixed PSP US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom Classics Remixed PSP US

Being playing this for a couple of days now, and its great. Although some of the games are not so great, there are some classics on here (Strider, 1941, Black Tiger, Bionic Commando, Forgotten Worlds).

Controls for all games can be individually configured and they are autosaved as 1 save file on the memory card. It also remembers your screen setting preference, and the vertical shooting games (like 1941) can be played like Star Soldier.

All in all a great and well thought-out package and roll on vol2!

Downside (if any)...you cannot save your progress in any game, but then thats just hardcore is'nt it!

yeah tremendous package

Black tiger is fantastic as is:

Strider
    Mega Twins

Some music seems to be missing from a couple of games (intro and title) but other wise you can view is original, screen fit or widescreen

just thought i would mention that for the purists

oh and black tiger is on it - not sure if i mentioned that, what a facking brilliant game, why it wasnt on the collection released on the home consoles i dont know

Streetfighter is decent but still havent pulled off a special moves, seems the tightness is still there with early beat em ups, hell its even hard trying to do a forward or back diagional jump

much the same as the home collection capcom produced, when you have to get a certain amount of points or get to a specific point in each game or complete it to access hidden features like artwork, music and screenshots

there is also a trailer for the new ghost and goblin game which is coming out and its the first time i've seen it moving and it does look sweet

a couple of the games use the wlan feature and anybody can join in at any point - only about 6-7 games have this

Comment

Damn, i want this. What are the Captain Commando, Final Fight conversions like?
      Where did you guys order from? I always seem to get hit with custom charges when i order from the States...

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants
        Damn, i want this. What are the Captain Commando, Final Fight conversions like?
        Where did you guys order from? I always seem to get hit with custom charges when i order from the States...
        captain commando seems spot on - more difficult than i remember

haven actually played final fight yet - but it seems fine

but its got black tig.............. i love that game

i always order from VG+ for most of my orders and i've never been stung for duty from them

and its packing is full english - none of the extra french pish on the cover

Comment

Lovely. So Black Tiger's alright then? Cheers Buster.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants
            Lovely. So Black Tiger's alright then? Cheers Buster.
            yeah its a good wee game

unsure if i mentioned that before

definately get this - F A N T A S T I C

Comment

I am buying this SPECIFICALLY for Black Tiger. And while I don't care for saving progress in an arcade game, I'd like to ask : are the high scores saved? I mean, surely they are, but I have to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by markgreyam
                I am buying this SPECIFICALLY for Black Tiger. And while I don't care for saving progress in an arcade game, I'd like to ask : are the high scores saved? I mean, surely they are, but I have to ask.
                yeah the high scores are saved

Comment

Any chance of a full game list anybody? Got get this. And Mr oh_mutants there is a uk seller with brand new copys on ebay right now but there ?30 if your intrested.
                  Last edited by SuperDanX; 30-03-2006, 05:25.

Comment

Went to TRU today and saw this and thought this would be like the home version, with at least one version of SFII on it.

Had that been the case I would've readily picked it up. But clearly Capcom does not want to lose out on sales of SFA 3 by putting even an older SF one-on-one in the compilation title, hence we got the crap SF instead.

Still a decent collection, but at $49.99 CAD? Don't make me laugh, Capcom. Knowing game prices whilst in UK I know 25 squid is not bad for a decent title, but much of the rest of the world finds that a ridiculously high price point in equivalent currency. This should have been released at $29.99 CAD like the far better XB version. As it stands screw this, asking far too much for far too little.

As if it even makes sense to call a compilation one of Capcom classics without even a single bloody SFII title....

Comment

Originally posted by id-republix
                      Went to TRU today and saw this and thought this would be like the home version, with at least one version of SFII on it.

Had that been the case I would've readily picked it up. But clearly Capcom does not want to lose out on sales of SFA 3 by putting even an older SF one-on-one in the compilation title, hence we got the crap SF instead.

Still a decent collection, but at $49.99 CAD? Don't make me laugh, Capcom. Knowing game prices whilst in UK I know 25 squid is not bad for a decent title, but much of the rest of the world finds that a ridiculously high price point in equivalent currency. This should have been released at $29.99 CAD like the far better XB version. As it stands screw this, asking far too much for far too little.

As if it even makes sense to call a compilation one of Capcom classics without even a single bloody SFII title....
                      OK.

...someone asked for the full list of games, here it is...

Side Arms
                      Legandary Wings
                      Forgotten World
                      Black Tiger
                      Strider
                      Final Fight
                      Bionic Commando
                      Three Wonders
                      Avengers
                      Block Block
                      Captain Commando
                      Last Duel
                      Mega Twins
                      Varth
                      Magic Sword
                      Street Fighter (The first one)
                      Section Z
                      Quiz and Dragons
                      The Speed Rumbler

Comment

Mine should turn up any day now. STRIDER ON THE MOVE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

So glad I've got one of the Capcom D-Pad doobries, that will make stuff a lot easier to play.

Oh, do the vertical games allow you to tilt the PSP?

Edit, just seen that 1941 etc are vertical
                        WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Comment

Originally posted by id-republix
                          i'm glad they didnt include SF2 on it

any version - mainly because i have so many different versions of SF2 on various other collections

the other home version of capcom classics has 3 versions of SF2 on it - which is way to much

not many home versions of SF have been available so its nice to play it and see it in its arcade glory

and for Strider, Black tiger and Mega twins alone its worth every penny

Capcom do have other classics apart from the Streetfighter series

**edit**
                          managed to beat red arrema for the first time on black tiger and i even got to the 2nd dragon on 1 credit

top tip

let the boss just appear in the screen and shoot it until it moves, this will at least get rid of 1 health block making things slightly easier

Last edited by buster_broon; 30-03-2006, 10:03.

Comment

Yes have to agree with buster there, too many versions of sf2 already and only a pcengine version of sf1,iirc? Looking forward to playing it for 5mins! At least they didnt add super g'n'g AGAIN. But you cant really complain about 20 games for ?25. Shame there wasnt more hori shmups on there, i know area 88 is out of the question but its persudo sequel carrier airwing wouldve been nice. Maybe volume 2?

Comment

Ps what are the last duel and speed rumbler? Never heard of them before.

Comment

Working...
                              X