Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Manager 2006

Has to be done flying the flag for football

Anyone who's not played the PC version, and a footy fan should be must buy. imo the most addictive game ever made.

Controls are surprisingly good considering lack of keyboard, the only time you feel compromised is when searching for 'specific player'.

Easy to navigate the usual menu's by the two 'bumper' shoulder buttons and a very handy bar at the bottom, with face buttons and where it will take you. Lovely.

A few very small things been left off, like no split screen on match day..obvious exclusion mind and you cant find out how well players been training except the monthly repotr from Assistant. unlike pc version, the only two spotted so far.

Xbox live, aint been on that yet.. but features look real good;

up to 16 player Xbox Live play, with 8 player leagues and 16 player cup competitions, including the ability to export your team from any time in the full manager mode for use online.

online gaming thread link..sign up
    http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=57364

I'm embarrassed to say I swapped TR yesterday for the PC version, thinking it was a new one. Got home, went to install it and noticed it was the same version I've bought and been playing for the last 9 months or so. Time to take it back rather sheepishly on Monday.

What's the speed like on the 360 then? I have to say that the Live aspect is appealing as the integration of all the Live stuff just seems to be so well done. Not sure about the lack of a mouse though.

Comment

i was thinking about getting this, not too sure tho, keep thinking, might aswel get it for the pc...

Comment

Added bonus with the PC version is that you get the Mac version on the same CD. I've got 2 games going, one on the PC and one on my iBook. Which is handy when I don't want to be stuck at my desk to play it.

Comment

I'm embarrassed to say I swapped TR yesterday for the PC version, thinking it was a new one. Got home, went to install it and noticed it was the same version I've bought and been playing for the last 9 months or so. Time to take it back rather sheepishly on Monday.

What's the speed like on the 360 then? I have to say that the Live aspect is appealing as the integration of all the Live stuff just seems to be so well done. Not sure about the lack of a mouse though.
          It speeds through the fixtures being played only noticeable waiting, is when saving and loading your game which take some time. Mind, you have a football quiz along the bottom while you wait..pretty neat

Comment

d posts
            Last edited by dcmk; 16-04-2006, 20:34.

Comment

Fm 06 360

Hi

Im thinking of getting this for the xbox 360, but im not sure weather to as Lma manager 2006 is coming out for the 360 as well,

I have never really played football manager games before is it worth getting, + do you guys think its better then lma manager,

Plus does anyone know is thier is a guide/tips book out for the 360 version?

Thanks

Comment

The Football Manager series is done by the same guys who used to do the Championship Manager series. Since its first version, about 15 years ago (??) its been regarded as the most accurate and "best" football management sim available. Nothing else IMHO comes close, but be warned, it is extremely addictive!

I'd have thought the PC strategy guide would be fine as the underlying game will use the same engine. You get a useful manual with the game and the Sports Interactive forums are very useful for hints and tips.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
                  The Football Manager series is done by the same guys who used to do the Championship Manager series. Since its first version, about 15 years ago (??) its been regarded as the most accurate and "best" football management sim available. Nothing else IMHO comes close, but be warned, it is extremely addictive!

I'd have thought the PC strategy guide would be fine as the underlying game will use the same engine. You get a useful manual with the game and the Sports Interactive forums are very useful for hints and tips.
                  Cheers mate for the advice, i have registed with the Sports interactive forums today, i will probley get it on tuesday

Comment

Edited, because I found out the answer
                    Last edited by Eps; 17-04-2006, 01:50.

Comment

Played this game through all its transitions over the years and im happy to say its convertion to 360 has been excellently done.Speed is very impressive IMO and the footy quiz is a neat touch while saving/loading your game.
                      The lack of keyboard loss isnt realy fealt either as only realy need to use the built in keyboard when looking for a specific player.Love the way all the buttons are mapped out also so when looking at Ronaldhinio,s stats you can also view the Barcelona team/Brazil team at the press of a button.
                      As for playing over Live have had a few games with no lag issues and its even better importing your team with all your new signings/formations from your single player game to take online and play your mates.
                      My only gripe is that this has come along and sucked alot of my Oblivion time as thats the way this game gets you im afraid but if you can make time for both then dont hesitate just go out and buy it...SUPERBO!!!

Just my thougths of course.

G.
                      Last edited by glazza; 17-04-2006, 23:29.

Comment

Can anyone reccommend a cheap USB mouse that will work on the 360? I'd like to play this on a big screen in HD but not with the 360's pad, that would be a nightmare...not too bothered about a keyboard since it's only needed really for searching for specific players, but if you know of a cheap usb keyboard/mouse PACK then by all means shout it out loud!

Are the people who bought this still playing it much? With the PC version I tend to have fads of playing it religiously then not at all...then religiously etc...

Comment

i still play it occassionally..regarding USB unsure but i never felt like you need a mouse/keyboard when you adapt to 360 interface. becomes a breeze and seriously no hassle at all.

Comment

I just can't imagine playing this without a mouse...

Comment

Tough times at Rochdale, no cash to spend at all, dabbling with players whose contracts are up, finished 7th in my first season but was well beat in the play-offs. Now I have a big decision to make, Hartlepool came in with a 450k bid for star attacking midfielder Rickie Lambert, scored over 20 goals last season playing behind the front two, anyway I said I wanted a million and they have come back with a million bid. Can't afford to offer him more more money so it looks like he will be on his way.

Comment

Working...
                              X