No announcement yet.

2006 Fifa World Cup (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I think I said earlier, every single Fifa release in living memory seems to poliarise opinion into two camps. Its sometimes hard to believe people are talking about the same game when you read some of the comments.

Comment

just did everything there is possible to do in the game. one thing i found really annoying was that you can't change the difficulty level because apart from the global challenges (get to that later) the game is tooo easy, i mean i won the world cup and won every game like 7-0 or 8-0! the global challenges were a good idea but the problem is that some are too hard and some are too easy. In some challenges I just could not beat the keeper, it was like he was superman or something and in other challenges i would score almost every time I went forward!

Saying all that though, the game does play well for a fifa title and if they could balance difficulty well then they would prob have a very good football title. Also was glad to see that they got rid of the "heaven" lighting and "action man" plastic players. lol!

Overall score: 7/10

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder
        one thing i found really annoying was that you can't change the difficulty level because apart from the global challenges (get to that later) the game is tooo easy
        There are a couple of posts earlier in this thread that seem to suggest the difficulty level can be changed. Can't say for sure though as I haven't played it but I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

Comment

If there is no setting then it sounds like the ideal way to ramp up the difficulty level would be to play a lesser team...rather than playing as England (top 20 ranking team) try and pick a team like Tunisia or someone like that?

Comment

I've been hearing a load of stuff over the GameFAQ forum about this not actually running in 720p, can anyone here explain if this is the case?

Oh and I've heard something about changing the difficulty by using the left and right triggers while setting up the match or something, although I can't be sure. However you can't change difficulty of a World Cup you've already started.

(This is Myth, girlfriends account again )
            Last edited by .A.Perfect.Kiss.Goodbye.; 01-05-2006, 21:43.

Comment

Certainly looks to be 720p to me....?

Overall I'm enjoying it.... I'd class myself as a casual football game player, PES etc are too hardcore for me, Fifa is how I like it, nice and simple.

There is however some shameless ****ing bugs in it, does leave a bad taste in your mouth after parting with ?45! And knowing that there's zero chance of EA patching it!

Comment

Does anyone else get hideous slow-down on the corner kicks? (in 1080i or otherwise)

Comment

Originally posted by debug77
                  Does anyone else get hideous slow-down on the corner kicks? (in 1080i or otherwise)
                  Yep, noticed that, playing in 720p myself....

Comment

Can someone explain exactly how to change the difficulty level then? I have fiddled around with everything looks like I am playing at semi-pro but cant change it

Comment

Yep, noticed that, playing in 720p myself....

Can someone explain exactly how to change the difficulty level then?
                      I wouldn't mind knowing that either please. I'm hoping it's on the screen that lets you change the length of the match (which I also can't seem to find)...

Comment

changing the match length too that would be handy!!

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremePabs
                          changing the match length too that would be handy!!
                          There's no general option, but when you create a new tournament at the point of creation you can set difficulty level, match length etc... In terms of setting it for the scenarios and the like, I can't remember. Perhaps they scale in difficulty as you get near the end of the 40. I don't remember seeing an option...

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade
                            There's no general option, but when you create a new tournament at the point of creation you can set difficulty level, match length etc... In terms of setting it for the scenarios and the like, I can't remember. Perhaps they scale in difficulty as you get near the end of the 40. I don't remember seeing an option...
                            Yeah, I don't think that you can alter the difficulty in the global challenge mode. The later ones for each region do seem harder than the (incredibly easy) earlier ones though.

This is the first FIFA game I've bought since RTWC 1998 and, overall, I think it's OK. I've also rented a few FIFA games since 1998 and it appears that they're very slowly moving in the right direction. On the other hand, 8 years on, I'm surprised that there are still sweet spots and an 'on rails' feeling that I just don't get from PES (or SNES ISS, N64 ISS, PS1 PES etc). I like the presentation, though, and in the absence of a PES game for the 360 I'd say it's not a bad option if you're looking for a football game.

Comment

OK EA listen up. Feel free to use this algorithm in your next FIFA game:

IF team1score > team2score THEN
                              play team 1's victory sequence
                              ELSE IF team2score > team1score THEN
                              play team 2's victory sequence
                              ELSE
                              play draw video
                              END IF

I've never seen a team so miserable after winning 3-1! And as for the losers, they were over the moon!

Comment

Originally posted by debug77
                                I've never seen a team so miserable after winning 3-1! And as for the losers, they were over the moon!

That's Fifa for ya, well EA in general

Comment

Working...
                                X