Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaladron
    I still can't get to the first cannon.

I equipped a blue shell and went to the tower but couldn't figure out where or how I was meant to use the shell.

goto the area where you get shot out by the green pipe and the coins appear. Go through the door here (you need to drop down again after being fired in the air) Now don't go through the door in this room (should be a star coin) but exit via the top right corner. Voila !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
      I still can't get to the first cannon.

I equipped a blue shell and went to the tower but couldn't figure out where or how I was meant to use the shell.
      ok figured it.

get into the castle (mid-world castle) with the blue shell, then make your way up until you seen a green pipe on the left hand side of the screen, let it shoot you up then slide down the ledge that it shot you up and jump over to the yellow door. Once inside navigate to the right side of the screen back to the door DONT enter it, instead grab the ledges up to around the mid section of the screen and enter the gap (looks like a dead end) once in the new area, take a dash up and break the blue blocks to burst to the new part. you will notice a red pipe covered by blocks, then take a run up and bash your way through them and into the pipe - get to the flag and voila, cannon unlocked.

Comment

beaten!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I do love this game but the saving is getting on my tits big time...only being able to save at those points is VERY frustrating and I think I'm gonna finish this game incredibly quickly...World 1 + 2 already completed with all secrets...!

Comment

I really wish I could use one of the shoulder buttons for run, I find the DS buttons far too cramped, I'm sure the DS is destroying my joints :/

Enjoying the game though even if I do end pushing jump when I mean to hold run and miss platforms, just need to practice as it's a while since I've played a 2D platformer. The mini games are a nice addition even if they aren't the most complex of diversions - I have spent some time today doing the card memory game. ?20 well spent I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus
              Don't get me wrong, I do love this game but the saving is getting on my tits big time...only being able to save at those points is VERY frustrating and I think I'm gonna finish this game incredibly quickly...World 1 + 2 already completed with all secrets...!
              Completed my first run through today and despite having some difficulty with the last two levels it wasn't the hardest game in the world. Really enjoyed it thought and I am going to go through it now and get all the secrets.
              Last edited by ryodi; 21-05-2006, 15:25.

Comment

Just finished it and seen the credits

Time to try to get all the coins and the 2 remaining worlds

Comment

Got this yesterday, great game. Not too hard like everyone has already mentioned but no less enjoyable because of that.

I'm taking my time and finding all the big coins before moving on to the next level instead of just rushing through them.

"Bye-Bye"

Comment

I have found that it's actually much more fun once you've got 'beating' it out of the way (ie. the initial run through to the last level) and can then concentrate on the much longer task of finding all the secrets. Mind you, I felt the same about Super Mario World, so that's not to say that the initial run isn't fun, because despite its short length it most certainly is!

Comment

just finished it this evening, although i havent unlocked the two other worlds i have got most of the big coins and a few extra exits/paths.
                      just an excellent game. especially towards the end where you get quite a few tricky stages and some really nice level ideas...as well as some great ones returning from mario world, which made me feel all nostalgic.

i do think its a shame that they didnt just let you save anytime before the end sequence though, as i did go through it a bit quicker than i really wanted to. but now i can take my time and enjoy finding the secrets...havent got a clue what the other worlds are like yet.

Comment

Well I've completed it also. Great game, defo up there with mario world for my money. Total quality all the way through.

I want to go on to finish the game to completion, but I have noticed there is no count of how many levels are unlocked like Mario world - it just says "world 8" for instance - I wonder the best way to keep count of these?

Comment

I just need to unlock world 7 now and finish off the last of the coins

Comment

Came this morning, up to the end of level five with nearly all the coins, so far. I haven't found any of the
                            yet, once I've done the game, I'll go back and fill in the gaps.

It is a bit easy-ish but really loving it, I'm going to take my time with the rest of it. The whole game oozes quality and is polished to the nth degree, awesome.

Comment

Just picked it up for 5 minutes 2 hours ago (lasted 2 hours!) i haven't completed it as i was collecting the gold coins for the off.

I've unlocked quite a bit now, i like it, but a part of me feels i would of prefered the secrets differently, the format is similar to mario 3 and i think i prefer the whole going from level to level rather than playing it like i am.

I do like secrets and stuff, if i'm honest with myself i think i'm not convinced that i like the lay out of them, i thought i would when reading about them but as i'm trying to unlock everything as i go a long, it don't feel like it flows.

Of course that's just me, as stated i might be just as well to complete the game then look for everything, and of then you can save too.

No doubt about it that this game is nintendo genius and when 2-d mario games are spoke about in high regard this will remain with them, i guess that might of been a tough act to follow but it has been achieved.

(goes away to think shall i just finish the last level and then unlock the rest and collect coins!)

Comment

The two player mini game challenge is fantastic, tried it out today and have to say it may even be worth the ?20 on its own. great variety and fun... Also quite a few new games in there also.

Enjoyed the bomb reversi and the snowball fights the best

Comment

Working...
                                X