Kim Possible Kimmunicator DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kim Possible Kimmunicator DS

Picked this up for my six-year old daughter the other day, but being a Kim fan I gave it a whirl.

It's actually pretty good fun and feels very Prince of Persiary in places. kim herself is extremely atheletic and is able to jump up walls, do back flips, double jumps, climb across monkey bars, leap across chains and is beautifully animated.

Whilst level design is obviously fairly linear, the 2.5d graphics engine is pretty impressive and allows for a fair bit of back tracking as you discover the best route through the game. Kim Possible also requires you to search each level thoroughly as you'll find all sorts of secrets hidden away.

being a teenage spy, you'd expect Kim to have a decent selection of gadgetry on her and she doesn't disappoint. Grappling hooks can be used to swing across large chasms (metroid style) night vision cameras give off a cool graphic effect that wouldn't look out of place in splinter cell, while the comb lock pick opens up a charming little mini-game that has you tracing an electrode along a maze of lines before time runs out. Best of all though is the addition of Rufus, a naked mole rat who can be placed in ducts at certain parts of the game and must then negotiate the maze like tunnels in order to cut the red wire that will allow Kim access to a new part of the stage. All items are selected via the touchscreen and are very intuitive to switch between.

While combat features heavily in Kim Possible it's rather clunky and you'll be better off resorting to jumping on heads instead.

Don't be fooled by the license, as Kim Possible is a highly enjoyable little platformer. I'm currently 45% in and can't put it down.
Working...
X