Tony Hawk American Sk8land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Hawk American Sk8land

I picked this up from GAME the other day for ?14.99 and I'm stunned at how good it is - It's not going to convert any non-Hawk fans but if you like the games (particularly the Tony Hawk 2/3/4 era) then you're going to get a lot of fun out of this.

It has a story mode like most of the later Hawks but it also has a fully fledged classic mode so you can play like the old ones (my preferred playstyle) - 2 minutes, 10 challenges and a score. Additionally, you appear to be able to save and upload your own replays or download and view others - and they're very well done with switchable cameras etc. Being a DS game the music is a bit more limited than recent home console outings but there's still a fair selection of tracks on there.

Graphically it's not exactly busting with polygons but it does look very nice - the cel shaded graphics give it a very JSR-vibe which is no bad thing and the environments are suitably large and well fleshed out. Chuck in online play, local wireless play, editing modes (parks/characters) and all the moves and recently added control features (i.e reverts) and it's a mighty fine package. It plays out just like the other games but there's an option to lock the camera in "GBA mode" - I haven't tried but I presume a fixed slightly overhead isometric point of view.

I was surprised actually that nobody had started a thread about this already - Nobody else feeling the love ? At ?14.99 I'd say it's a must buy if you're a fan of the gamestyle.

Last edited by Yoshimax; 01-07-2006, 11:04.

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
    I was surprised actually that nobody had started a thread about this already
    Whoops! http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...hlight=sk8land

Happens to the best of us.

Comment

****e - I searched for one as well

Comment

Working...
      X