Magnetica (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnetica (DS)

Has anyone else got Magnetica? I ordered the US version from CD-WOW recently. It's ?19.99 but I had a ?5 off voucher so I got it even cheaper. It's ?17.99 delivered at MovieTyme. Not sure if/when it's being released in the UK.

I'm quite enjoying the game - it's pretty good fun and I would recommend it if you like puzzle games.

See Metacritic and ign for more info.

Well, being a puzzle game, I had to have it, but I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't played it much yet, although I'm on the 7th mission in Quest mode. It's quite a fresh game for me because I've never played Zuma & although I've got Ballistic for the PS1 & GBC, I haven't put much time into either of them. What I have found is that it's a 'short burst' game for me, because it makes my eyes feel funny after 15 minutes or so. The guys over at DSR certainly seem to love Puzzloop, sorry, Magnetica.

Comment

I downloaded Zuma from live arcade the other night and it's brilliant fun - if this is the same with stylus control I'll be having it !

Comment

Been playing this for a few weeks now and it's brilliant fun

Comment

Yep. Finished all 61 levels of Quest mode the other day. Took me a month but what a great month it was.

This has gone straight into my top 5 DS games.

Comment

According to DS-x2, Magnetica unlocks Polarium Advance extras when both games are put in their respective slots.

I'm not sure if this just works with the Japanese version of the game (Shunkan Puzz Loop). Will try it later with my UK Polarium Advance.

Comment

now this looks like smack

damn theres so many good ds games out there its tough trying to restrict yourself to a few

Comment

Originally posted by Locky
                According to DS-x2, Magnetica unlocks Polarium Advance extras when both games are put in their respective slots.

I'm not sure if this just works with the Japanese version of the game (Shunkan Puzz Loop). Will try it later with my UK Polarium Advance.
                I tried this with Puzzloop and Polarium Advance but nothing happened.

I guess you need Magnetica plus Polarium

or

Puzzloop plus Thingamjig Hitofude

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                  Puzzloop plus Thingamjig Hitofude
                  I think you need that one!

Just found something more about it on Dual Screen Radio. My US copy of Magnetica doesn't have that third box on the More Options screen.

Comment

As someone that has Zuma on 360, does this offer anything new?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills
                      As someone that has Zuma on 360, does this offer anything new?
                      Well I haven't played Zuma much, so I can't be sure. BUT Magnetica does have a long and varied Quest Mode. As you go on there are various additions to the game that increase the difficulty or make the game play differently. There are:

Wind
                      Water
                      Black Holes
                      White Holes
                      Multiple Balls to shoot
                      Fog that can be blown away
                      Obstacles that bounce the ball in the opposite direction

There are also power-ups that slow or halt progress of the loop or ones that destroy all the balls of a certain colour or even rewind the loop.

There are even some very tricky boss battles.

There's definitely a lot of variety to keep you playing. As well as Quest Mode there's a standard score attck mode, a puzzle mode and a 2player versus mode.

It should last a while.

Comment

Also, it's worth noting that Zuma is a rip-off of Puzzloop, the ancestor to Magnetica. In other words, Zuma is based on an older, less feature rich version of this concept.

if I were you, I'd buy this to support the people who ivented the game rather than those that ripped it off.

matt

Comment

Ordered it from MovieTyme. As soon as I saw it in my nearest import store, I knew I had to have it simply because of the razor-sharp bright colours on the cover!

Comment

Well, I got my copy of it this morning, and I love it but like Polarium, I find that the difficulty just gets too high fast.

It took me about 15 tries to actually get past the fifth damn stage though (always lost just before the end)... does the difficulty just suddenly increase?

I get the exact same problem with the stage directly after it - used up all the good moves at the start.
                            Last edited by Lyris; 11-07-2006, 17:52.

Comment

i found that too, got stuck at every level from 5 onwards and took me ages to clear, not sure if i'm missing some tactical insight here but the screen jsut fills too quickly with coloured blobs !!

maybe i'm just getting old and slow but can't see a tactical route thru this puzzle game, its all speed and reactions.

Comment

Working...
                              X