The Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ship

I would have prefered to have tried a demo of this first, but for ?10 I figured it wasn't too big a risk and clicked 'buy' in Steam.

First impressions were along the lines of 'so what on earth am I supposed to do?'. There are no tutorials and it has very different rules to a regular first person game.

I started to get the hang of it after a while and as the server filled up it really started to become interesting. You have to find your prey, then tail them to a quiet area where you can kill them. Once you get out your weapon however they can fight back in self defense. Get caught murdering or attempting to murder and you go to jail and lose some cash. Most cash at the end of match wins.

As with any online game the quality of the other players is a huge part in how well it works. There was one guy in the game I was playing who seemed to think this was just an FPS and killed everyone on sight. Amusing for about 3 seconds then tiresome.

Graphically the game shows it's roots as a mod. It's basic stuff and there's nothing here to impress. The characters have a bit of style though.

The game could get repetetive after a while but for ?10 it's worth it to try out something so original.

Got this yesterday and i really like it, it rewards paitence. At first the needs system was completely overwhelming me, however after a while i learned to keep them topped up.

Had an awesome kill when i was being stealthy and slowly following someone, they went upstairs to the deck with the swimming pool, them blam i shot them in the back with a revolver and they flew into the pool floating

I put the gun away and walk away calm as you like. A pretty underhand tactic i've found is to follow someone and make them think that they are your quarry then take out your weapon (but don't attack them) they usually charge at you and kill you taking away lots of their cash

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
      A pretty underhand tactic i've found is to follow someone and make them think that they are your quarry then take out your weapon (but don't attack them) they usually charge at you and kill you taking away lots of their cash
      Lol, crafty bast. That's the sort of underhand tactic that I'd fall for.

Comment

i try not to do it too often as it is a bit mean. I love chucking weapons at people it has this unearthly power to fly for miles when it connects and kills someone

Comment

Working...
        X