Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super dragonball z

One day they will make the game that does the series justice

The budokai series was great fun but very very shallow After only a week or so i just did not feel like playing anymore

This game is different to the budokai series it is a more traditional fighting game (complete with command moves) and not as much roaming around arenas

Unfortunetly from the quick play i have had even with command moves and a few other things it is still far shallower fighting game then i would have liked.

There seems scope for combos but nothing to major.

Will have to give more play but i think this will be another game i will sell pretty quickly

i'm constantly tempted to buy dragon ball games, but always chicken out at the last minute. i havent owned any since the 2D snes versions which i thought were pretty cool.

from a few videos i saw a while back i thought this looked really nice, and the fact that specials are done with real commands seems to be a real step in the right direction.

this is where i got videos from http://kainuma.sakura.ne.jp/dbz/ but it was ages ago, so not sure if those are the same ones or newer stuff.

Comment

Well i had a bit more of a play
      Still seems a bit to basic and many fireball moves are cheap beyond belief
      Seems you can earn extra abilitys but they do not seem to add much

And it certainly does not have the presentation or story of the budokai games

I still think the snes dragonball z hyper dimension is the best one yet

Comment

Its a good game, be sure to make charcater cards for each character to collect dragon balls, you can then unlock a couple more special moves, a couple of super moves for each character anda few characters have an ultimate move to unlock.

Its pretty time consuming to unlock everything for every character, and its pretty stupid how the card characters make the normal select screen redundant.

I played it to death when i got it, the PAL release is superb, 60hrz and japanese voices! also its damn cheap, only 17.99 at play.com.

I'll go back and finish off the few characters i missed eventually but i got Battlestadium DON ( very cool btw lots of fun! ) yesterday and i'll be unlcoking everything on that first.

Its great to be a DBZ/Naruto fan atm theres a ton of games coming out! DBZ Sparking Neo in October too!

Comment

Would love to see a capcom (like the marvel series) or arc systems version of a dragonball game i really think they could do it justice

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
            Would love to see a capcom (like the marvel series) or arc systems version of a dragonball game i really think they could do it justice
            My thoughts exactly, Arc could make a high res 2D game with stupidly fast combos .

Comment

Working...
            X