Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goku Makaimura (Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goku Makaimura (Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins)

Played this all evening and feck me it's not for amateurs!
    Be prepared for frustration!!!
    Last edited by phillai; 02-08-2006, 09:06.

hows the language barrier?

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
      Played this all evening and feck me it's not for amateurs!
      Be prepared for frustration!!!
      That's what I like to hear, I was worried capcom had dumbed this down!! can't wait for a decent challenge!

Comment

Played it for all of half hour and sold it to my mate...its frustrating as hell. I know the arcade version was hard but this is just stupid. Its not enjoyable, and on my psp it just looked to dark with blurring evrywhere.

Overall i was not impressed at all.....5/10

Comment

Originally posted by watusi
          hows the language barrier?
          Quite tricky on the inventory side of things, but suppose it will all fit into place quickly and easily enough.

It's a great conversion, Capcom have done us proud. It is tricky in places but a bit of practice and patience and it's all perfectly achieveable.

Comment

Right, I might as well add some more comments cos I cant grab SF on 360 at the mo...
            It never occured to me that the little bits of blue potions you collect add up in a magic meter of which you can perform magic tricks by pressing circle. This adds another element from when you double jump cos you can delay your jumps a touch to just get to a ledge or whatever in mid air battle...
            Other thing I noticed was this - This will be disappointing for fans like you and I but... S L O W D O W N
            rears it's ugly head again in yet another Ghosts & Goblins game!

Comment

I've not seen any slowdown and the screen has been pretty busy at times.

I'm absolutely loving this. I'm not sure what some of the items do. I think the staffs allow you to revisit that particular level, which is handy as some items are unobtainable without equiping special items (winged boots for example). I got to around level 3-4 last night and didn't realise you could equip a shield! There's definitely more strategy involved than previous incarnations. Some of the levels I've seen so far look absolutely stunning too, easily one of the best looks games on the PSP. Hopefully it'll be pretty successful sales wise and we'll see more psuedo 2D games like this.
              Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 02-08-2006, 21:56.

Comment

what are the default controls ?? and how the hell have you managed to get it so early (my copy only shipped today)

Comment

im enjoying this alot, sure its hard but that just keeps me coming back! very very fun. Nice work Capcom

Comment

The Asian version is available now, it's 100% Japanese. You will figure things out in 5 minutes, you can also check English website to get a description of items, moves, etc.

In short - the game is fantastic. Hard as hell, but I don't get frustrated and want to continue playing. Your armor can change if you pick a new one i.e. the enemies need more hits to kill you. There is also a Magic Armor, which doesn't increase your hit count, but makes you faster and increases your magic power.
                    There are different weapons and shields to equip, as well as different spells (but you have to look for them). The problem with weapons is that if you pick a new one, it replaces the one you had before. Useful weapon i.e. guided hooks, can be replaced by a bad one i.e. granades. There is also Molotov coctail, lance, crossbow, even Belomont's whip!

MonkeyWrench - the staff is just for what you described.

I noticed absolutely no slowdown, everything runs fast.

Notice that game has many features of previous titles which will make you scream i.e. no control in the air. You have to learn to time your jumps or you're dead.

Currently on 2-2, can't get from the ghost platform and organic wall - I keep opening one wall and falling down.

Comment

The game is hard but completely playable. People who find it too hard should play it on beginner as it's more forgiving. Also, don't forget that you have access to magic as long you have armor. It's extremely useful for getting out of tight fixes.

Comment

The upshot of it being so hard is that i find myself playing it in lots of ~5 min bursts so that I can also do other things! It's just so beatiful to look at, and entertaining to play that i keep coming back. anyone else think the ghost platform level music is more than a bit similar to the harry potter theme?

Comment

finished the snes version a few times back in the day and that was pretty tough, bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lok
                            bring it on.
                            Here is some good luck - you will need it

Comment

:-)

between this and every extend extra my ego is taking a serious beating. but at least the psp suddenly got interesting again!

Comment

Working...
                              X