X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
    get the 3 books and you can finish the game with both intact
    Where can I find the books? Are they in the same area as the chainsaws?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Thanks guys

Where can I find the books? Are they in the same area as the chainsaws?
      i couldnt remember as its been a while since i played it - but gamefaqs has loads of walkthroughs

Bachman's Bookporium
      To the right as you leave the warehouse entrance, between the stairs to the upper level of Paradise Plaza.
      Books:
      [Engineering] - Small Chainsaw
      [Entertainment] - Small Chainsaw

Sir Book-A-Lot
      Across the hall and upstairs from the Wonderland Plaza bathroom.
      Books:
      [Criminal Biography] - Small Chainsaw

there are the 3 books and their location

Comment

Awesome. Thanks dude

Comment

You only really need two books to be comfortable with them chainsaws -- you'll just have to go fetch a couple new ones once or twice through your entire run.

The thing is, books' effects don't add up: they multiply. One book triples the item's durability, so two books multiply it by 3*3 = 9. Three books raise it 27-fold.

Comment

I've dug this out again for the first time since release to give Infinite mode a go - what actually should I be doing in this mode then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
              I've dug this out again for the first time since release to give Infinite mode a go - what actually should I be doing in this mode then?
              Killing and Staying alive. Your health constantly depletes and you have to kill people to get helth items.
              More points for bosses etc.

Comment

This guide will get you the 5 and 7 day achievements WITHOUT having to kill a single survivor for food (only using food found in the Mall). I'm still too chicken **** to to go for it, but it seems simple enough, as long as you have the patience and time

Comment

Thanks for the link!

I just got my copy back of a friend, so I might give this a bash!

Then again, I might just spend some time killing zombies in amusing ways...

Comment

Ey up. Bought this again following buying another 360 (Amazing how few games there are that don't involve space marines nowadays, and me housemates don't like these, unfortunately). Really enjoying it, as well as being frustrated by it as before, but I think I'm dealing with the latter a lot better. But. Is there a way to stop the convicts respawning in the park? Pretty sure a method was discussed and I've sorted an alternative by dealing with Adam the Clown, who drops a pass and provides a shortcut, but any help would be appreciated...!

Comment

Originally posted by Fireproofradiator View Post
                      Ey up. Bought this again following buying another 360 (Amazing how few games there are that don't involve space marines nowadays, and me housemates don't like these, unfortunately). Really enjoying it, as well as being frustrated by it as before, but I think I'm dealing with the latter a lot better. But. Is there a way to stop the convicts respawning in the park? Pretty sure a method was discussed and I've sorted an alternative by dealing with Adam the Clown, who drops a pass and provides a shortcut, but any help would be appreciated...!
                      you only really have to go through the park once prior to beating adam - so dont worry about it

all the survivors can be taken through the short cut as well

Comment

Originally posted by MiaBocca View Post
                        This guide will get you the 5 and 7 day achievements WITHOUT having to kill a single survivor for food (only using food found in the Mall). I'm still too chicken **** to to go for it, but it seems simple enough, as long as you have the patience and time

http://dr.newcenstein.com/non-confrontational.html
                        i did it from midnight on Saturday to Sunday afternoon

i just killed survivors and bosses, the bosses give the best amount of food - but the 3 books are certainly necessary

only just managed the 5 day survivor on my first attempt

but its funny, as soon as i got the unlocked message, i just let myself get eaten as per that guys guide

Comment

I went back to this a couple of months ago, and I tried going for the 7 Day survivor achievement. After a few false starts, I was well into it, got my 5 Day achievement, and on day 6, I was in Paradise Plaza, running on the blue awnings and fell through the gap (the gap everyone knows about!) and I had just a sliver of life left, so when I hit the floor - DEAD. I was heart-broken! I was literally an hour or so of gameplay away from the achievement. I haven't played it since. :-x

Comment

Wow!!! Gutting! You have my extreme sympathy.

Well done for getting the 5-days ... I'd have tried it myself if I could rely on my console not to give me a dirty-disc error.

Comment

Originally posted by MiaBocca View Post
                              I was in Paradise Plaza, running on the blue awnings and fell through the gap (the gap everyone knows about!) and I had just a sliver of life left, so when I hit the floor - DEAD. I was heart-broken! I was literally an hour or so of gameplay away from the achievement. I haven't played it since. :-x
                              almost happened to me as well

on my first way through i didnt use the books or the food properly so i wasnt anywhere near the 7 day survivor, but i managed the 5 day

tried again and about 12 hours game time from the end i forgot to push down and the attack button for a safe landing and when i did hit the ground, it knocked me down to a small amount of energy, i then had to run through a horde of zombies to get to the food and luckily i just made it

Comment

I love this game. Was playing it again last night and I'm still not bored of it in the slightest. Wierd thing is I hardly ever play it "properly". Instead I just mess around finding the most creative way to kill zombies and explore.

Comment

Working...
                                X