Dead Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Concept
    Anyone found out how to make Zombait yet? I've already had the squits and an acid breath. :P

I like the fact you can walk on top of the crowds too. First floor heaven.

Nectar + Untouchable = Zombait

Nectar: Condiment+Juice
    Untouchable: Baguette+Juice

FTW!

Comment

Or you can just do orange juice + orange juice to make it easier, for nectar.

Comment

Ah of course. That makes it easier then; you only need to grab the baguette from Jill's Sandwiches. And then have another snigger at that name - I love you Capcom.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
          Are you getting it badly throughout the game too? Have you tried a different resolution, just to see like?
          I've not seen a bit of screen tearing yet, and I've tried it at botth 1280x720 and 1360x768 (I prefer to use the former, since my screen (LG 26LX2R) seems to have a better scaler than the 360 does, as 1360x768 looks softer).

Given screen tearing is caused by (in massively oversimplified terms) the game update loosing sync with the screen refresh, I'd say it's very much screen dependent, imo.
          Vsync is supposed to fix this though, I'd assume this game doesn't use it.

Comment

Nectar + Untouchable = Zombait

Nectar: Condiment+Juice
            Untouchable: Baguette+Juice

FTW!
            Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
              I've not seen a bit of screen tearing yet, and I've tried it at botth 1280x720 and 1360x768 (I prefer to use the former, since my screen (LG 26LX2R) seems to have a better scaler than the 360 does, as 1360x768 looks softer).

Given screen tearing is caused by (in massively oversimplified terms) the game update loosing sync with the screen refresh, I'd say it's very much screen dependent, imo.
              Vsync is supposed to fix this though, I'd assume this game doesn't use it.
              Yup, that's correct, the game doesn't have v-sync turned on. I think that in the case of this game its so minor that people have just got lucky and the game didn't drop a frame (or in the case of lack of v-sync, starting drawing the next frame) whilst they were playing. It's not like Saints Row demo or PDZ that has evil screen tearing.

IN DR it was so minor that its not worth mentioning. However some people are saying its tearing heavily during cinemas - that does sound odd..

Comment

I'm using the same LG panel as Shakey (being sent off for repair tomorrow due to a number of other issues) and have experienced little tearing with the 360 in general. The worst offender was probably the odd tear in Condemned and the Saint's Row demo come to mention it.

Comment

tearing heavily during cinemas - that does sound odd..
                  they are real time

For those having V-sync problems, peeps have said on another board its because you have it set to 50hz not 60hz even if you are using HD
                  nope im on 60hz

Comment

Yeah I know they're real time, but what I mean is that most other players seem to be getting issues in DR in the actual game, not the cut-scenes.

Maybe its a VGA thing.

Comment

I can get screen tearing in FFXI by simply turning the camera, that simple. Wierd some titles effect my screen (FFXI and any Rare title), some don't...

Anyway, first person to get the US version here, be sure to try this on a PAL machine. Just in case.

Comment

Its not down to the screen, its the game. The game doesn't have V-Sync on (known as "1 or Immediate"), which isn't a problem until the game is about to drop a frame.

One of the best examples is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on 360. Walk along normally and it runs at 30fps and tears occasionally. Switch to night-vision and the game ramps up to 60fps instantly (because the draw distance is so short). From this you can see Ubi are running in 1 or Immediate meaning there is no cap on the framerate for going higher, but as soon as it drops a frame, it tears to keep up. For the record if the game was set to Immediate, it would draw the next frame the instant the current one is drawn, so night vision mode would tear 100% of the time. Thankfully, they didn't do that.

FFXI has horrific tearing and it constantly does it, its real nasty.
                        Last edited by dc-arena; 06-08-2006, 15:52.

Comment

Its not down to the screen, its the game. The game doesn't have V-Sync on (known as "1 or Immediate"), which isn't a problem until the game is about to drop a frame.
                          That doesn't explain why it effects some screens but not others though. I'd say it's a bit of both.

Comment

I'd say it was down to people not being able to identify the issue in the first place, v-sync is v-sync. Even handheld games suffer from it, Ouenden has tearing on the map for example.

Comment

Maybe, I can assure you I've yet to see it in DR though, and I've seen plenty of it on the 360 and PC before now.

Besides the point really, Vsync should really be standard, given it's a known issue.

Comment

In Dead Rising's case its so rare and minor it might not even happen during gameplay. I only noticed it a few times and it was so slight, right at the very top of the screen (meaning it was just running over a frame). If a zombie handn't fallen at that exact moment or knocked another one it probably wouldn't have happened.

Saints Row, however, is s fooking mess!

Comment

Working...
                                X