Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
    As far as I can tell -

I had the same thing happen and I think what happens is, if you step foot inside Wonderland Plaza, a countdown starts. I think the Jo mission can go all the way to the red as long as you don't enter the area and the girls will be safe. That's just how it seemed to me but I can't be 100% sure on that.
    i never heard a countdown, but i had been in there previously doing other stuff - whilst it was in the blue, but still no countdown

when i eventually did that mission i saved in the toilets after using the shortcut and went straight there, never had to venture near that side of the mall for anything before (upstairs outside that specific store)

and i also never got the warning that somebody had died and there was no other bodies in the store to say she had killed them, all it looked like there was only 1 hostage

Comment

No I don't mean you actually hear a countdown - it's that I think the game itself starts a timer and, once you enter Wonderland Plaza after getting the Otis call, you have to get to Jo as quick as possible. But if you went straight from the toilets without entering the Plaza before that while the mission was active, that throws my theory out completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Nembot View Post
        Finally got the saint achievement, hoorah! Managed to save 53, I think that`s the maximum but regardless it was enough and I`m glad that I don`t have to do it again. It isn`t that hard when you have the right tools for the job but it can be frustrating, I hope by the time DR2 arrives Capcom have the survivor AI sorted becasue it had me pulling my hair out at times but we got there.

I really want to get 1000 points on this game but I`m dreading the survivor mode achievements.
        how did you manage to save 53, basically my question is how did you manage to get simone ravendark back to the security centre

here is my quandry

there is a total of 54 saveable characters including Frank, so you need the DHS agents and the Dr alive, so at case file 5 where i get isabella (and the other dude) back to the security room i just left the next case file to run out (case 6 - santa cabeza), so now the Dr hasnt attacked Jessie and Brad wont bother going down to the maintenance room for the final something casefile and he wont turn into a zombie either, great i thought - now i have about 24hrs left and the only person i need to save is Simone, but she only goes with you if you tell her there is a woman working on a drug that will help her, now Isabella isnt talking on the bed and she isnt working on a drug and Simone wont move, she either hits me if i target her, doesnt move or defects if i hit her enough - so at the moment i will be saving 52 not including Frank - still got 25 hours until pick up as well

as for survivor AI - Jesus, if you save people from the Cinema side of the plaza and that includes bringing them through the doors, there is a small tree beside the camera shop that 1 person always seems to get stuck on - now before they get there i pick it up and throw it away

at dogg thang
        you are right about a countdown albiet you dont hear anything, as soon as you enter the toilets in a specific area the health of the captives starts to deplete, noticed this on paul the molotov cocktail guy, ran past the place to save gil and if i messed around both women died, but if i went straight there because i left that area and moved on, the energy reduced, so much so i had to take wine from the food plaza, just to give them because they only had a sliver left - i even didnt leave the toilets and went the long route around to get Gil through al fresca plaza and they both died before i got to Gil

so made sure 'above the law' was done quickly

since i've got 24 hours left i might pop out and start the genocider achievement
        Last edited by buster_broon; 20-12-2006, 10:16.

Comment

These 'psychopaths' are starting to really annoy me - why is it every combat capable person in the game wants to kill you and not the zombies, is incredibly well equipped and takes about a million bullets before they die?! Just trying to kill the three snipers, I emptied absolutely everything I had into them, about as much from around me around their stupid heads and the best was one of them was down to about half health before I died.

I've barely done any of the scoops because I just can't seem to kill the psychopaths, or if I do I'm out of time - really no idea what I'm doing wrong, when I take time out to try and level up faster I just miss even more. What happens at the end of the 72 hours, do you have to start from scratch if you want to play again?

John

Comment

John, they become a lot easier when you're levelled up. For the snipers, try using the katana. Just follow them around and slash at them - they wont last long.

Comment

Got this yesterday. Am loving it - although the whole saving issue is a real bitch, speshially when, like me, you can only play the game in short bursts in between, you know, life and stuff.

But all in all a stunningly put together game. Capcom are really on fire right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
                I've barely done any of the scoops because I just can't seem to kill the psychopaths, or if I do I'm out of time - really no idea what I'm doing wrong, when I take time out to try and level up faster I just miss even more. What happens at the end of the 72 hours, do you have to start from scratch if you want to play again?

John
                I felt the same way the first time through, just concentrate on the case files and leave the psychopaths till the second play through. No way you could see and kill everything in the first play through.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post
                  I felt the same way the first time through, just concentrate on the case files and leave the psychopaths till the second play through. No way you could see and kill everything in the first play through.
                  you can when you are level 50 - hurrah

anyway John - dont use guns, they suck, only the gun on the humvee is any good and the only place to use a gun is on the prisoner psychopaths, shoot the gunner and run up behind it and steal the big gun

just use a iron bar/katana upto when you fight Adam and then take his chainsaws - with 3 books, both will more or less see you though the game

just finished my 4th play thru and i have 38/50 achievements and just done Zombie Genocider and took photos of all psychos and survivors, just went to get the scoop, photo'd them and ran away on my next trip, still got 11 hours left until the end of the day, basically its 1am in the morning so i'm going for sharp dresser and hella copter before overtime, i dont have a charging pack or a wired controller so indoor/outdoorsman will have to wait

Transmissionary is proving to be a pain since Otis calls at the worst times

and on the 5th play thru - going for Frank the pimp

**EDIT**
                  now got smart dresser and hella copter, hella copter is a crap achievement with 1hr to spare for isabella

ALSO

when i've met Kent on the 3rd day twice before it was a matter of slashing him with the chainsaw a couple of times and rescue his hostage, on my 4th play thru (3rd with kent) he stripped me and tied me to some sort of overhead rig and i had to fight him bareknuckle - why was it different, the scoop was red

Last edited by buster_broon; 21-12-2006, 18:49.

Comment

got 8 women last night in tow and expected the pimp achievement to unlock but it hasnt, has it got to a a specific 8 women?, the 8 i have are:

Leah - a womans lament
                    Tonya - the lovers
                    Sophie - in the park
                    Jennifer - cultists
                    Kay - above the law
                    Kelly - above the law
                    Lilly - above the law
                    Janet - above the law

and unless i deliver those 8 ladies to the security centre Otis wont call with any other Scoops - fekker

also decided to say inside and just use the shotcut between the 2 plaza's but if you use it it doesnt recognise you as staying inside, so you wont get the indoorsman either - which sucks

Comment

Thats strange. As soon as you get 8 people\women in your party it should unlock the achievments there and then. It did for me.

Dunno what to suggest. ;\

Comment

You have to get to kent early if you want to avoid that happening buster.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran View Post
                          You have to get to kent early if you want to avoid that happening buster.
                          i didnt bother with Kent as i wanted the pimp achievement

the last time i had 8 people the tour guide achievement unlocked no bother

going to deliver 1 woman to the security centre to see if that brings on the cinema story - then i will have another 3 ladies to add

for some reason i couldnt get the 2 sisters to appear in paradise plaza, thats why i have leah and sophie
                          Last edited by buster_broon; 23-12-2006, 13:46.

Comment

got indoorsman and the pimp now

there is an art to getting the pimp mainly because if you have too many survivors in tow you wont get the big missions, basically 4 or more and its a no no - Otis just wont give you a scoop. To get the pimp i had to save the 2 sisters and Tonya and just wait until the above the law mission starts and wait until you get a chance to get Jennifer, rescue Jennifer and go and do above the law.

i Kept Sophie on my 2nd attempt and above the law didnt happen and neither did anything else, i wasnt called about anything, went back to my saved game and loaded it up and instantly killed one of the girls and suddenly Otis was calling like crazy offering scoops all over the place, that part of the game is a major flaw, i guess its the reason why pimp and tour guide are set at 8 people

anyway on this game pushing for outdoorsman and karate champ, my question to all the veterans is: is it just all about punches or is it just unarmed combat, like i can do flying kicks, lariats etc as boxing just seems a nightmare - even with the wrestling book

Comment

Unarmed combat.

Outdoorsman is EASY. Start a new game, don't enter the security room. Plug the controller in or use a wired one and go do something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                                Unarmed combat.

Outdoorsman is EASY. Start a new game, don't enter the security room. Plug the controller in or use a wired one and go do something else.
                                playing it now and going to go into the park and earn the karate champ achievement and with ever time i have left - if any i will just limb ontop of the seating area and wait until i get the outdoorsman

Comment

Working...
                                X