No announcement yet.

Test Drive Unlimited (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay - managed to get on to the little island - it's quite cool actually. Just one small road that circles the island, but worth a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi
      Not sure if you can transfer them using a USB, as it has the option to only upload them to the site (testdriveunlimited.com). After uploading it, it tells you to visit that site, but theres no mention of the photos on there!
      I read in the manual you can only upload a single photo a day, which I thought was pretty scabby and in turn makes the need to transfer them offline to PC all the more interesting. Playing offline I saw an option (press Y to transfer blanked out) which I assumed meant you could off them to the PC, but it was probably an online upload. Unless it's not technically possible, I really don't understand why 360 racers don't offer an easy transfer mechanism to a portable camera or PC because this isn't something that is going to go away.

The more beautiful free-roaming games become the more people will ask for photo modes (racers or otherwise), and as that happens the next logical question to ask is for an easy transfer method so they can share them with others online, quickly and in the quantites they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
        I read in the manual you can only upload a single photo a day, which I thought was pretty scabby and in turn makes the need to transfer them offline to PC all the more interesting. Playing offline I saw an option (press Y to transfer blanked out) which I assumed meant you could off them to the PC, but it was probably an online upload. Unless it's not technically possible, I really don't understand why 360 racers don't offer an easy transfer mechanism to a portable camera or PC because this isn't something that is going to go away.

The more beautiful free-roaming games become the more people will ask for photo modes (racers or otherwise), and as that happens the next logical question to ask is for an easy transfer method so they can share them with others online, quickly and in the quantites they want.
        Even GT4 on the PS2 had a USB photo transfer feature, so I cant see why they couldnt put that in either.

The 'press Y' thing is uploading them to the TDU website.

Comment

One easy standardised way would be for pictures in games to save to a specific place in the Dashboard on the HD. That way when you go to the menu to download pictures from your PC or camera your videogame pictures could be in a file you can just as easily upload from the same blade. You've already got game categorisations and game download categorisations in the proposed Autumn Dashboard updates so I don't see why future titles couldn't be categorised in the same manner with pictures.

It'd save a lot of faffing, centralise things and mean you don't have to fiddle about with numerous in-game interfaces to do so.

Comment

Hmm, is the picture uploading working?

This means I can upload my picture of PerfectSmith's Enzo/Saloon hybrid.

Comment

Silvergun, I've sent you a friend request - could you send me an invite for the club?

I know my mate Gradius has already joined, and I'd like to get in on the action!

Cheers mate

Edit - actually, I s'pose I could just get Gradius to invite me, but do it if you get the chance, and you have space on your friends list.
              Last edited by sharky_ob; 14-09-2006, 09:18.

Comment

Got round to finishing most of the F class stuff. Just need the time to have a good old crack at the Enzo delivery challenge. Tried it a few times but im developing an issue with perfecting it so keep having to restart. Whats the lowest someones settled for on that challenge? If anyone else lowers the bar i might be happy to crawl under it
                Last edited by revisedgenocide; 14-09-2006, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                  Hmm, is the picture uploading working?

This means I can upload my picture of PerfectSmith's Enzo/Saloon hybrid.
                  I'd like to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide
                    Whats the lowest someones settled for on that challenge? If anyone else lowers the bar i might be happy to crawl under it
                    I can't bring myself to do those missions anything less than perfect.

Sometimes I want to cry when I'm just scraped and it screws the 10 minutes I've just spent on the run.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                      There's also what looks like a race circuits near the airport on the south west of the island, the map allows you to place a GPS marker on it, but there's a barrier blocking the road into it, and fencing all around it :/
                      I saw this last night, I was hoping it unlocks when you reach Champion, in the same way

the Ford Island unlocks when you reach Expert

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK

Sometimes I want to cry when I'm just scraped and it screws the 10 minutes I've just spent on the run.
                      Same here, I've completed 19 out of the 30 missions so far. I had to leave one them, deliver a Ford concept car 25 miles, got half way through carefully driving all the way only to drive into oncoming traffic when I didn't notice my 5 lanes had gone down to 2 I was almost tempted to continue, but I just have to finish with a perfect score.
                      Last edited by Riskbreaker; 14-09-2006, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK

Damn! ft:
                        Ah well at least i wont feel so bad when i inevitably foul up on the last stretch again.

Comment

Anyone know how many hours you can clock up? Or it's replayability?

Comment

I'm on 22 hours @ 40% complete - it can start to get repetitive as the lucrative car delivery missions start drying up, if you're grinding for cash to buy new stuff ( there's only 30 of them and you can only do them once ) - that said, there's still plenty of life in it yet - the expert and pro tasks are going to take some time to finish.

Comment

Cool to know it lasts long.

Should i buy TDU on play to get the extra cars or is there not much of a piont? Most important. Is there the Mclaren F1 in TDU?
                              Last edited by Malc; 14-09-2006, 17:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc
                                Cool to know it lasts long.

Should i buy TDU on play to get the extra cars or is there not much of a piont? Most important. Is there the Mclaren F1 in TDU?
                                I think those preorder free cars thingy are messed up and dont work (I may be wrong though)!

And yes there is a Mclaren F1.

Comment

Working...
                                X