Lego Star Wars II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lego Star Wars II

Just got this on 360, didn't even realise it was out today until I saw it for ?39.99 in Gamestation. Used some credit and just given it a quick pop - nice in HD, funny and it's Star Wars through and through!

Very nice.

I would but it's games overload in my house at the moment between SR, DR and TDU.....

This'll keep but I will be grabbing it at some point - probably 2nd hand from here.

It's a long shot but I don't suppose live co-op is in ????

Comment

Pretty sure Madden 07 is out today too. Other than a console launch I can't really remember so many same format games in a single day.

IanE, you have an ntsc-j 360 too don't you? Any chance you can check LSW2 for me to see if it's region free?

Cheers!

Comment

Seems simple, although a little bewildering when first starting (trying to find where to go), into the main game and I've encountered some slowdown and poorly scaled textures (in cutscenes on the planets in the background for example). It is fun though..

Comment

Slowdown ? On 360 Lego Star Wars ?

Jesus Christ.

Comment

Some of it makes me laugh, but it's certainly not a game you have to get when it first comes out (like Dead Rising and TDU for the excitement factor). It'll be a nice little game to plod through.

Best part so far: one of the sand people jumping out - the poor texture I think is intentional and made me giggle a lot.

Comment

And now it's locked up on me. Press the guide button to see what my friend was playing (he'd just come online), and I think I pressed it again. That equated to a crash. Can't be arsed to play more.

Comment

I picked up a copy for the 360 at Game today. It was the only major retailer selling it in town.

Its not without its charms and does have alot of the humour that was evident in the first game.
                It is quite fun to play but doesnt really offer much of challenge.

If you loved the first game then you'll love this but otherwise I would suggest renting it first.

Comment

Anyone spot the PSP version while they were looking for this? I have no idea if its out yet.

Edit: Well I got up off my arse and went to find the answer myself - every version is out except the PSP version. Pox anyway. Poxy PSP...

There's a rumour that the PS2 version reads saves from the original Lego Star Wars and unlocks the characters you have unlocked. It says nothing of this on the back of the box. Can anyone confirm or deny these rumours?
                  Last edited by Dogg Thang; 09-09-2006, 16:25.

Comment

Got this through today an enjoyable game by all accounts can see this being another keeper for a while!

Comment

You can load an old save on the GC version

Comment

There's a rumour that the PS2 version reads saves from the original Lego Star Wars and unlocks the characters you have unlocked. It says nothing of this on the back of the box. Can anyone confirm or deny these rumours?
                        Its true for gc ps2 and xbox not sure about 360

And the psp version is out october/november

Oh and co-op when the other player moves to fast and pulls you in a pit for the 5th time grrrrrr

Comment

Wowed at the lovely clarity of the graphics on 360 via HD, then cringed as I started the first level and encountered tearing and slowdown at the same time!

Hopefully won't be much more. I loved the first game and am sure i will again with this. Will the save game unlocks for the first game work if you have played the first one on 360? All my saves are on the X-box. I'd play it though again on 360 if so. Otherwise I may get the X-box version of LSW2 at some point.

Comment

There's a strange amount of screen tearing in the PS2 version too. I got it today and only played a few levels so far. It seems a little more fiddly than the first but still fun.

Comment

Never played the first, but I'm enjoying the 360 version of this...except that I'm on Episode IV, chapter 3 and can't figure out WTF to do! I've gotten parts of what I assume is an AT-ST lying on the ground, and nowhere to go...li'l help?

Comment

Working...
                              X