The Godfather (Xbox 360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Godfather (Xbox 360)

Didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I would start one up.

Got this today and wasn't expecting it to have changes from the "last gen" versions apart from maybe graphically (which by the way are quite detailed), but I was pleasantly surprised. The story missions have been modified slightly (for the better) and there a numerous little changes that really do make the game better. The main change I liked in this version is the ability to hire a crew member, it makes extortion and warehouse takeovers much more do-able than the before. Also now there are small but detailed video clips regarding each aspect of the gameplay which really does help. Back to the graphics again, special mention has to go to the real time bruising system, if your character gets beat up you can see the bruises on his face and as time goes on they heal. If you have played the "last gen" versions then this might be worth it but if you haven't I would definately pick it up and give it a go.

Never played this game on last gen consoles so decided to pick it up today - and upto now i am bloody loving it.

Feels more 'led by the hand'-ish than other games in the genre but for me that isn't necessarily a bad thing - i expect it opens up when you get further into it, but at the moment I am just in the streets around the local neighbourhood, having a good time threatening shop owners, taking over rackets and bribing police.

Comment

Played the xbox1 version briefly and contrary to what was being said at the time I liked what i saw - Dunno if that was enough to pick this up as I'm still only 37% deep in Saints Row at present.

Sounds good though - at least they've put some effort into it.

Comment

Working...
      X