Minna no Tennis (Everybody's Tennis) - PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minna no Tennis (Everybody's Tennis) - PS2

Got this in the post this morning and so far I'd say it was well worth the money.

It's made by the same developers as the Minna no Golf series (Clap Hanz), and just like those games it goes for the "fun" approach to simulating the sport.

The game is 60fps with perfectly smooth controls that are very easy to get to grips with. There's 3 different shot types and each are assigned to a seperate button on the controller;

Normal

Slice

Lob

Pretty much like any tennis game, shots are aimed by pushing the analogue stick in the direction you want the ball to go. Timing is also crucial to making a good shot and is represented visually with a speech bubble over the player's head;

Rabbit - Too quick

Tortoise - Too slow

Music Note - Good timing

Music Note (double) - Perfect

"Perfect" shots are obviously more likely to bring success, and they're also shown from more dramatic angles during a replay.

Just like the series of Golf games, the simple gameplay doesn't lack depth and is probably just as deep, if not deeper than some of the more serious efforts out there.

Menus are Japanese, although visual clues make it quite easy to work out what's what - If you imported the Golf game for the PSP, you'll know what to expect.

So far, I've had little trouble beating any opponents (I haven't even lost a game), but I suspect that'll all change the further I get into the Challenge mode.
    Single-player longevity could be suspect as there aren't too many play modes, but it plays really well and is a lot of fun.

CLICK HERE to buy this at Play-Asia and help keep our affiliate support.
    Last edited by charlesr; 22-09-2006, 12:36.

this coming to PSP ? Would be superb on that.

Comment

Not that I know of, but the Golf game seemed to do really well on PSP... I'd imagine a portable edition could be a strong possibility.

Comment

I hope that there's gonna be a Western translation as i love the Hot Shots series. BTW it's ?5 cheaper at Yes-Asia and free shipping.

Comment

Aye, yesasia is where I got it from. Was a cheeky admin that put that affiliate thing into my post.

Just lost my first game (but not the match) to a rank 2 opponent as I wasn't used to being on the top of the court at change of ends - You're always at the bottom with the first few matches.

Comment

Blimey - didnt see this coming. As you may know, i am a fan of the Minna games. But only a little bit. Some fanboy I am!!

Will be getting this.

Hope you will review it for the site John boy!

Comment

Working...
            X