No announcement yet.

Need for Speed Carbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded this today. What a steaming pile of horse ****. The framerate is poor, the handling is poor, and the whole image has never worked. at least it was only a free demo. Thats the only positive thing I can say.

Comment

Am I the only person that's actually... well, enjoying playing this?

Comment

I've played thru it twice today to complete all the car classes... I really hope they sort out this game a little before release.

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane
          You do realise other people like different things?
          Really? Like, in kind of a 'free-thinking' type mode?

I enjoyed Underground 2, and I like The Fast and The Furious movies. I know they're stupid, but they're fun
          And, I watched Tokyo Drift tonight, and thought it was really well done, however, still doesn't change my opinion, that out of all the NFS games with the 'Underground engine' that Most Wanted is the best of the lot.

Sorry, if that doesn't fit into your world view, but. tough. titty.

Comment

Ah, but that is a sensible comment. Not liking it is fine- 'poo on an unimaginable scale' is rather unhelpful.

Tough titty? lol, get over yourself!

Comment

I didn't think it was THAT bad. The slowdown was a big concern, I have to say.

If there was more to use the "Speedbreaker" function on, it'd be alright. I can imagine using that to get under falling debris or to squeeze through a small gap...but there's just no reason to use it in the demo.

Comment

I thought this was going to be awesome going by some of the videos I had seen, but it fell very short of expectation to be honest!

Many of the movies I have seen show a pretty decent and rapid frame rate (my main gripe with MW on the 360) and yet the demo has it crawling along which is pretty shocking!

I like the new car modding though with the sliders and that, and the setting is a good one, I just wish they sorted the frame rate out!

Comment

The frame rate problems from the demo are there in the full game (360)

Comment

Are we all using HD or SD for the framerate, as I didn't find the framerate that bad on the demo, not to the extend people are saying on here anyway, but I play in SD which seems to make a different for some games.

Comment

I played the demo in vga 768, the full game today in sd

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                        They only put this demo out to draw attention from Import Tuner Challenge out this friday.
                        Import Tuner Challenge has been out for weeks mate.

Comment

Well I took the plunge and bought this yesterday.

For me the best thing about Most Wanted was the career mode so was really looking forward to it on this. Starting playing 3pm yesterday and, oh...... 7 hours later i'd finished it.

There's only 4 bosses in the whole game and the career mode is easy as hell, I traded the rx8 for an rx7 and used that throughout the game with ease.

Had a razz on the online modes which are pretty cool but the game simply isn't good enough to keep purely for them.

Oh, and the slowdown from the demo is nowhere near as bad....until you have one of the "gang" races where there's 20+ cars racing at the same time...slowdown city (and i'm led to believe they took them out of the ps2 and xbox 1 versions) TBH they should've taken them out of the 360 version too and done us all a favour.

My opinion? Rent it or wait for till the price drops to about ?20.

Comment

Working...
                          X