Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - PC, Xbox, PlayStation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - PC, Xbox, PlayStation

Using Ubisoft's own Snowdrop engine, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora is definitely a looker of a game. The lush visuals of the forest environment are some of the best PC graphics I've seen this year in terms of density, and the soundscape is equally well done, giving that I'm in a rainforest vibe.

Where things might not fair quite as well will depend on how much you enjoyed The Division and Far Cry. I'd say more was taken from The Division gameplay loop, but there is a fair amount of crossover from Far Cry as well.

The idea is you join a resistance movement to fight the invasion of Pandora. You'll go about completing missions and collecting resources that will then be used to craft further base facilities and new equipment/weapons.

The most fun to be had from this game is the exploration of the environment - you can turn off all of the HUD markers for PoI and simply just find things for yourself through adventure instead.

So overall, I think this is a fairly solid 8 blue discrimination out of 10, but YMMV depending on whether you like Ubisoft's open worlds.

Then they went and removed Terrorist Hunt from Rainbow Six: Siege.
    10 - Environmentally Sound
    0%
    0%
    100.00%
    0%
    0%
    5 - Precariously Balanced
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Deforestation
    0%

It's so cheap to try this out on PC but I've held off, Ubisoft open worlders are so soulless I'm not sure if the merging of that with Avatar will cause me an embolism

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X