Dredge (PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dredge (PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch)

It's a fisherman-em-up. For some reason, the game starts with you being shipwrecked on an island that you were traveling to anyway, destroying your ship in the process. Then you get another ship that you have to pay the mayor of the island for (and you do this in about three fishing trips), so a bit odd storywise and things are probably going get stranger still.

At first, you can only catch certain types of fish as additional equipment is required to catch different species, so it's a case of catching fish, selling fish, upgrading, catching more fish, getting better stuff, dredging, upgrading to a bigger, better ship and meeting odd people on different islands, many of them giving you quests which either involve catching fish or dredging for valuables. All of this has to be done before you get tired and afraid (night is scary, but you can get less scared from reading books), and every maneuver will tick time along. However, stay at sea at night for too long and you might run into something nasty.

It sounds daft, but it's a lot of fun - just be careful fishing in the dark. After streaming it, I ended up playing it for another five hours and have a level three fishing vessel that goes proper fast now.

I thought this was pretty great, so I give it 9 John Wilsons out of 10.

10 - Great White Shark
    0%
    33.33%
    33.33%
    33.33%
    0%
    5 - Conger Eel
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Sardine
    0%

I picked up this on the switch, it's a great game to just chill with on the sofa and play in handheld mode, It's got a nice loop of fish explore and upgrade.

Comment

Working...
    X