Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Platinumed this over the weekend, working my way through the DLC now.

Great game, feels like Nioh 2 in a Romance of the Three Kingdoms skin a lot, not that this is a bad thing, Nioh 2 was awesome as well. I feel there is so much to explore, hard core players will be replaying this a lot I reckon. The really good thing is you don't have to get into the min maxing to beat or even enjoy the game. The myraid of AI companions offer so much choice, 1, 2, none or summon a human player or two instead. I relied heavily on AI companions to beat the game. Some bosses were frustrating but most were fun when you worked out the dodge/parry mechanic timing, though some timings were so different it caused me problems at various stages.

I didn't really do much magic until near the end, I think I barely touched the possibilities of build types I played a fast staff and sword wielding character. Enemy types were decent enough and some of the level design was top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring every nook and cranny of every level.

Combat was fun not too punishing and I actually really dug the moral system and how it impacted combat and progression. It was really forgiving which I appreciate. I'd love to explore different weapon types as the combos I did use were very cool and made you feel like a total bad arse.

I played high frame rate mode, it was good and graphically I thought it was quite nice looking.

Overall I had loads of fun solid 8/10.

Thanks again Team Ninja, cannot wait for the Ronin game and I may actually try the FF game they did (though on sale as reviews were not kind )

I didn't like the demo so passed on this at the time of release, when these types of souls/borne/niohs are heavily into parrying, i can't get along with it, specially with the minus level debuff for dying which i assume is still in the game.

FF:SoP is fine, while it is Nioh with an FF skin, they really did make it a love letter to Final Fantasy outside all the meme worthy Jack quotes and actions. They took area from every Final Fantasy, turned it into dungeon area with a remixed tune and stuffed in nearly every job. Never finished it though, my urge to grind every job for Jack to Max out its abilities and open up more advance jobs, stopped me moving the story along and i burned out.

Comment

I'm pretty hopeless at the "parry" mechanic but it really is quite generous. You can hold block at the same time in case timing is off! This was a life saver and do naturally pick up the timings. I'd definitely give it another go if you like Nioh 2.

The moral system is actually pretty good. I never felt punished in the slightest for getting killed. Most levels I managed to get my morale at the 25 max quite easily. Oh and I did die a fair bit. The companion ai is pretty good and if you have 2 buddies soaking up the punishment it makes it a hell of a lot easier. Yeah you could probably solo it relatively easily but I don't have the patience for this like I do with Elden Ring.

Comment

Working...
      X