Helldivers 2 (PS5/PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    For some reason i went with arc jump for the 2nd one... thinking i could give arc loadout a go, i was more dangerous to my team mates than the bugs. 49 rare samples away from 3rd level 4.
    It really should have given a damage buff as well as 1 more enemy jump, plus affect all arc weapons, the lvl4 upgrades are daylight robbery for what they do.

The fire one is lethal though and worth it, you have to back peddle non stop as otherwise jumping hunters will kill you outright with spreading fire, but the crowd control is excellent, and you can take down chargers as well.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-04-2024, 09:56.

Comment

You can currently convert PlayStation stars into super credits, it’s quite pricey in the exchange but if your not using them then it’s something to convert too at least.

Comment

I'm thoroughly in newb territory compared to you two guys
        I think I'm possibly a fortnight away from completing the base Warbond after approx. 50hrs play or so. That'll definitely be my 'done' point, I'm now entirely cycled off playing against the machines and there's a fairly strong sense of sameness kicking in so I feel stepping away to finally let other games in and coming back later this year will be best for me but I think it's incredibly safe to say this has turned out to be a clear surprise GOTY contender that is uncontested so far and has a good chance of remaining so.

Comment

while they do release new MO's, enemies and mission types regularly, if you don't change your play style i can see it getting samey. The current new warbond for explosive primary weapons does allow for alot of changes to your stratagem loadout so you can bring in machineguns, lasers, arcs and flamethrowers without feeling like hoards of medium enemies will wreck you.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I'm thoroughly in newb territory compared to you two guys
            I think I'm possibly a fortnight away from completing the base Warbond after approx. 50hrs play or so. That'll definitely be my 'done' point, I'm now entirely cycled off playing against the machines and there's a fairly strong sense of sameness kicking in so I feel stepping away to finally let other games in and coming back later this year will be best for me but I think it's incredibly safe to say this has turned out to be a clear surprise GOTY contender that is uncontested so far and has a good chance of remaining so.
            There’s no need to worry about completing war bonds or even Helldive difficulty, it’s just not fun on the highest setting and the war bonds aren’t going anywhere.

Even the owner of Arrowhead said, just take a break.

Comment

Thjat's interesting to know, I expected war bonds to eventually get cycled out as eventually there will be tons of them. Particularly the base one which I imagine most have done now.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                Thjat's interesting to know, I expected war bonds to eventually get cycled out as eventually there will be tons of them. Particularly the base one which I imagine most have done now.
                Arrowhead have stated that the warbonds will never be taken away, only more added, so no need to worry about fomo on them.

Comment

Nice, I'll probably give it a few weeks breather then, see when the next big event happens especially as the game seems likely to be Automoton focused in the short term given the amount of map they're being pushed through.

Comment

The new Airburst Rocket Launcher is a death trap at the moment, its proximity sensor seems to randomly go off passing ammo, hellpods and samples. Sometimes it will pass over them, other times it won't.. i managed to on my first mission using it (and only time now), blow up the entire extraction as 3 of us where defending the pelican waiting for the 4th to arrive killing all 3 of us... other than that, it does as described being an anti air weapon with good AOE spread for the secondary cluster bomb drops after the initial airburst explodes, long, long solo reload though.

Comment

Year its totally bugged right now and is being fixed apparently already, I wiped all 4 of us out as the rocket clipped an ammo box on a rock infront of us, leaving the 15 odd bots approaching us totally unharmed, I think the air burst rocket may be a bot plant.

Comment

New patch just dropped on PC, PlayStation tomorrow I’m guessing.

notes here. https://store.steampowered.com/news/...3636?l=english

things no one asked for: reduced mags on practically everything. JUST STOP IT DEVS!!!!
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-04-2024, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          New patch just dropped on PC, PlayStation tomorrow I’m guessing.

notes here. https://store.steampowered.com/news/...3636?l=english

things no one asked for: reduced mags on practically everything. JUST STOP IT DEVS!!!!
                          Insert picture of a baseball bat.

Not to bad for what i usually use, as i never get through that many clips of an eruptor anyway. The least they could have done was increase the mag count or size for the MG and HMG (i saw they added 3rd person sight at last), having only 2 small mags versus the MGS 3x250 bullets is just not worth it, along with the movement on reload.

DMRs will remain terrible.

hahaha at the 7-9 solo players getting absolutely bagged on with that patrol change. edit after thinking for a second*** it applies to smaller teams to which could be a pain as i finally got a mate to join me and as he only plays once a week and going through level 4 mission i'm finding very few people join in at lower levels now, specially sub 5. So until i can get him at least eagle strike opened up and the uzi from the warbond it'll just be me and him against the world.

also important

• The Spread Democracy mission otherwise known as “raise the flag” can now be enjoyed on higher difficulties for maximum freedom spreading.
                          • When readying up, Helldivers now salute to ensure maximum democratic readiness.
                          Last edited by Tobal; 29-04-2024, 13:29.

Comment

I so want the Blitzer to be good as i really like the idea of the weapon, but i feel an infinite ammo electric shotty that’s any better will just end up getting the nerf hammer anyway so whats the point, see how its slight buff works out.

Side arms all got a buff finally, ive been running Eruptor & Quazar and with the side arms in their current state have made me meat chunks at close range, so this is good news.

Otherwise guna have to test this stuff out to see what’s what.

Comment

So universal nerfs then Arrowhead? As everything they supposedly buffed is still hot garbage.

Arrowhead must be regularly talking to bungle as this game is heading sharply in the opposite direction of where it should be going, its pve, not competitive, there should be universal buffs until everyone is having fun with everything, not arbitrary nerfs to stop people having fun with anything for more than 5 mins.

Its pathetic and sad devs feel the need to actively stop people having fun with a video game that’s sole purpose in existing, is to be fun.

I think I’m done here.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-04-2024, 08:00.

Comment

I feel like they balance the game based on watching tiktok videos of someone soloing level 9 missions and think we can't let that 0.1% trivialise our game.

My takeaway so far after a good few matches... halving the mag count at least on the sickle and eruptor isn't that bad, but certainly makes the sickle less viable on hot planets. The senator/revolver is viable now with the speed loader on an empty mag. Everything else looking on reddit seems to be a mix of glitched out (plasma shotty exploding inside your personal shield, Qcannon heatsink/charge up for hot/cold is wrong), niche applications (counter sniper DMR can now 1 shot Devs with a weakpoint hit) or 'why did you even do that' (the crossbow was already terrible, i would consider it sabotage to bring it on a mission)

The 'fix' to ricochet off heavy armour is nasty, i've eaten a few eruptor rounds now.

As far as the increase to patrols, i certainly felt it doing a 2 man level 4, it felt like none-stop bugs in your face even with most of the bug holes blown up and the main objective not done yet... really hope they revert this change at least until they sort out match making, crashes, getting dropped from the host and most importantly allowing you to rejoin a mission you have been forcibly dropped from.

Comment

Working...
                                X