No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth - PS5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Iast night I completed the most important quest in the game thus far, saving Fluffy and her kittens Surprisingly got an A on practice for the new song I wonder if it counts for the rewards......as I haven't done the performance yet.

Comment

I've been in the city of the ancients for 4 hours and it's still not over, turned it down the easy after it started repeating enemies and dull puzzles about 2 hours in, just so sluggish in everything it does, complete with new slow and unneeded minigames. If this is suppose to be the equivalent of first games Sector7 plate (then followed by the storming and escape of Shrina tower) it's falling badly outside of the interesting story/character bits.

Comment

after a long ending credits (6 or 7 songs worth), i finished at around 85 hours with 95% of the side stuff done, 1 sidequest, 7+ queensblood quest, hard mode VR missions and level 14 on the crafting chip left undone. The length of the final section, what you fight/do there, the big reveal, the terrible directing cuts really soured me on it to point i now wish we had just gotten a more straight forward story.

Ancient city and forgotten city was one information dump after another, changing the story to multiple worlds always branching, and reunion from gathering jenova cells to rebirth Seth and call down meteor to Jenova is now some cross dimensional alien evil looking to unite all worlds cos 'something' then meteor everyone. I felt nothing during the Aeriths death as it was so badly edited with cuts all over the place, along with feeling no stakes as i couldn't trust what was real or not and then the fight against same 3 final bosses as remake for 40 odd minutes just rubbed me the wrong way. They even cut the water funeral and the move from Ancient to Forgotten city a complete mess.

The trial stuff seemed well out of place, just showed some bad memories and then just moved on, no personal resolution (i was expecting a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann dream sequence resolution, with Aerith Calling out to those in the trail that they are need back at the alter to save the world), just the crew collected outside feeling sad till Clouds determined madness get them back on track. And it's a shame we didn't get Vincent playable in the last section like we had Red in remake, he's there for the cutscenes.... at least we had Zack during it i suppose.

From remake, i was hoping the story was more like the Evangelion remakes, a second go at the world with hints on where to fix it for a better future for everyone, instead we ultimately end up in the same place with multiverse ****e and a ton of unanswered questions,

what is seths 'forever'
        how can you merge all multiverses into one if the histories are so different
        the Yuffie DLC stuff is barely addressed, are SE mad enough to remake Dirge of Cerberus
        And finally.. there isn't much game after this... finish the cloud history/hojo stuff, beat the shinra heads(to death?), they kinda did the lifestream fall(twice, first Tifa and the everything after the cloud/Aerith fall) and then its just weapon hunt to break northern shield housing the real Seth.
        why is Cait Sith so crap and the VA terrible to, should have stayed dead

Not as good as Remake, above average 7/10 at most, the move to openworld sludge which is linked to summons and party synergy moves can't be avoided if you want to level up. The decision to add variety to a long game by making you go through a minigame almost every 10 minutes in the main story and its in everything you do in the open world and sidequests really got to me, i just want to play an rpg not carnival games. The combat didn't improve from remake, still requiring alot of reliance on perfect blocking/dodging (with no cancel into block or dodge still), switching characters to kite agro (lack of real tanking/enmity mechanics) and retrying fights with the correct materia in place.

As for the story, i enjoyed the first half the game with all the wackiness but on reaching Gongaga onwards saw that fade away even in the sidequests and i didn't like the story changes they made and how they showed them.

Comment

I'm still on chapter 12 trying to get a lot of stuff done before I head into the end game.

I rate the game higher than you Tobal but otherwise I agree with a lot of the points you make. However my enjoyment is far outweighing the negativity so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
            I'm still on chapter 12 trying to get a lot of stuff done before I head into the end game.

I rate the game higher than you Tobal but otherwise I agree with a lot of the points you make. However my enjoyment is far outweighing the negativity so far.
            looking forward to seeing how you will feel after you go through the final dungeon section.

Comment

Well I'm still nowhere near ch 13, I've had a break and come back and done some small activities that I hadn't done previously, like the Dolphin race. One more Queens Blood challenge to go as well as the annoying cactaur minigames. Got the date out the way, got
              and lucky I only needed to do Loveless performance once, though I understand for Johnny quest you need to do it 3 times, not a massive pain as it's relatively easy. It will be funny to see the other date options as well.

Next will be trying to finish off as many VR battles as possible, Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
              X