Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360)

Probably not the best person to start writing anything but.....

This is everything the PS2 versions had, with a nice big helping of improvements. Not been through too much on it so far but made a character and started season. The CAW is the usual, pile on layers and set different parts for entrance/match/cutscene. Season now plays from a little office so you get messages and get to read a nice big threat from the Undertaker because you were the special referee and fixed the match.

All the moves are now done with the right stick, rb+ the stick starting a strong grapple, the either right stick again to choose one of 4 moves or right stick button to do a controled move, which is a minigame of holds and throws were the opponent can't do anything, just hope that your stamina runs out from the showing off leaving you open for a beating.

I think thats enough for now, I'm going to try the next match =D

what are the xbox live features?

Comment

Apart from the 4 player I'm not sure. Didn't get a chance to try that and had to give it back

Comment

You can trade created wrestlers on LIVE in addition to the usual online modes of single/tag matches.

The mechanics remind of the N64 classic No Mercy, albeit fleshed out a bit more with more scope for stringing moves together. The weight differential plays a part in this as well, probably more so than it did in previous iterations, wrestlers such as Batista have a difficult time trying to lift Khali for example.

Yukes have added in a stamina meter, which greatly affects your mobility and recovery in the ring. The meter will replenish itself automatically, although it is best to do this manually by pressing 'B'. Of course, this action doesn't come without consequence, and the problem here is that you will slowly lose any momentum gained through standing still recovering. However, you can perform a "momentum breaker" of sorts if you've got a special move stored, which is performed by holding LB and pressing any direction on the d-pad, which basically steals the opponents taunt and reduces his momentum to zero giving him a much tougher uphill battle than before.

Reversals are mapped to the LT and RT buttons and there's literally a window less than a second window to perform the required reversal.

So far though, I'm really enjoying this (with the exception of the loading screens that seem to occur a bit too regularly) I reckon quite a few people will pass on this but it's a solid little grappler with decent fighting mechanics.

Comment

Are the Hell in a Cell or Elimination Chamber matches in the game?

Comment

Thanks for the impressions melenko & bleeders. Much appreciated. Hopefully my copy from Gameplay should arrive tomo. I'm a huge Wrestling fan and have had (and enjoyed) every Smackdown game that has been released. (On the PSone and PS2 anyway) so very much looking forward to playing the new one on the mighty 360. I hope Season mode is up to it's usual standards as I usually enjoy that part of the game the most. It would be nice if it lasts a bit longer then previous versions too as i've always thought the season mode side of things have been a wee bit on the short side. Don't suppose there are voice overs for the characters? Or is it just text again? Anyone remember the quality real life videos you would get in WWF War zone I think it was!? hehe. Of course I can't wait to try and get it online too. It better not be a lag fest either!
            Last edited by James Mc Fadden; 08-11-2006, 22:01.

Comment

Well you're going to love this one then. All that I saw had voices, and you have to choose a voice for your created wrestler. Which you probably try to make look like yourself, so the none of the voices suit it.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                Are the Hell in a Cell or Elimination Chamber matches in the game?
                Yup, well according to the instruction booklet they are, haven't played either myself yet though.

Comment

I'm sure I read over at ign sometime ago that one of the new match types for this years game was Buried Alive ie with mountain of dirt, headstone, shovel and all the rest of the gimmicks! ~ nice, that should be a laugh!

Comment

Can you go out of the door in a cage match?

I do actually own every Smackdown but rarely had the chance to play the last 2 so I don't remember if it's a feature which had already been added in.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
                      Can you go out of the door in a cage match?

I do actually own every Smackdown but rarely had the chance to play the last 2 so I don't remember if it's a feature which had already been added in.

Yep you can go out of the door in the cage match.

Comment

Originally posted by James Mc Fadden
                        I'm sure I read over at ign sometime ago that one of the new match types for this years game was Buried Alive ie with mountain of dirt, headstone, shovel and all the rest of the gimmicks! ~ nice, that should be a laugh!
                        Think thats been init for a couple years now but the only new match type is The Money In The Bank match.

Game is superb by the way top notch graphics ,sound and plays realy well also player models are again of very high quality.

G.
                        Last edited by glazza; 08-11-2006, 23:37.

Comment

Ah money in the bank! That's brilliant, or so it should be anyway! TBH I havent read all that much on this years version as I wanted to wait till I got it and be a suprise. Of course i'd check the review scores out but to be fair pretty much every Smackdown game from Yukes have been pretty class!

Buried alive has been in it for a few years now!? Unless my memory is really getting that bad (most proberley) you sure your not getting it confused with the casket match glazza?

Anyway, great to hear it's getting the thumbs up. I love the 360! :P

Comment

Originally posted by James Mc Fadden
                            Buried alive has been in it for a few years now!? Unless my memory is really getting that bad (most proberley) you sure your not getting it confused with the casket match glazza?

Maybe JM .

Have to say though its all the little things you notice that stand out the most like if you are having a title match all be it a tag or single the ref will take the belt of the champion then show it to you then to the crowd..realy does set the mood just right.

Ken Kennedys intro is just quality and i recommend its one of the first you check out(he even orders the ring annoucer out of the ring..hehe)

G.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if when you select hhh & hbk in a tag team do they come out to the dx theme or just individually?

Got the demo and loved it, been playin it for weeks, cant wait for the full game tomoz!

Comment

Working...
                              X