Gears Of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
    Yep, then'll you'll unlock the hardest difficulty level ....
    Insane unlocked after I completed it on Casual.

After playing it for a while it's definitely not the best 5.1 game audio I've heard, which is a shame.

Comment

Got my PAL copy from Shopto this morning and **** me what a great action game this is. Definitely not played a better third person shooter

Im sorry I was never hyped for this before hand, but I am gob smacked. Everytime I hear a rumble I **** my pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
        Insane is next on my hitlist once I've done Hardcore. Been bowling through it with EvilBoris and hit Act 4 last-night.

We wasted the Corpser in seconds towards the end of Act 3.

I see you on my FL ER hitting Act 3 on Insane!
        Yeah it is mental!

Yeah that corpser was insane when me and my mate did it in co-op, we did it in one go but the girlish panicking hit a new level. "hit it in the head...no the soft belly....argggh wretch!"

Comment

Argh, those ****ing Imulsion Wretches are a pain in the arse, especially during the Mine Cart sequence, bastard things blowing up in my cart. I bet they're hundred times worse on Insane, but it's gonna get done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders

Argh, those ****ing Imulsion Wretches are a pain in the arse, especially during the Mine Cart sequence, bastard things blowing up in my cart. I bet they're hundred times worse on Insane, but it's gonna get done.

Yeah big pain! That mine cart sequence was pure genius though, didn't last long but bloody great

Comment

Did you do that in co-op? I like the touch when both players take different paths, if one dies, so does the other and have to start again. Dang, there were some tense moments!

Comment

yeah did it in co-op! yeah that whole sequence was just genius

Comment

=Crimson Day]Really your finding the reloads hard? btw its not in a row its total, a piece of piss reloading the assult rifle perfect got the 25 perf reloads in the first 5 minutes of playing the game

There are 2 achievments fore relaoding - yeah the 25 is a piece of piss mate but when i very first started i was trying to get the 5 in a row PERFECT achievment, no enemies around in the prison, just practicing reloading, and i noticed that the small (bright) white bar gets smaller after each consecutive perfect relaod.
                  This may have been because i was relaoding, fire 1 round, reload again, and perhaps its built into the game to make this difficult to do. Maybe the small white section increases back to its original size in time, i dunno. Anyway as it turns out i got the 5 perfects in a row, last night playing hardcore on act 1, without trying to, just became used to relaoding as the game played out.

Comment

Holy ****

That fighter with the beserker

I havent screamed at a boss for a little while.

and to add to this, i think this is the best game to play on Xbox Live. It reminds me of counter strike
                    Last edited by Dezm0nd; 14-11-2006, 10:52.

Comment

Everything is paling compared to this game. I was playing CoD3 yesterday and although a perfectly fine game it just felt flat compared...

I won't be able to look at games the same again! GoW2 please!

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
                        i think this is the best game to play on Xbox Live. It reminds me of counter strike
                        it is the only game i've played in ranked matches since halo 2

that is mainly because none of ntscers that have it so far are playing online but the game is so good i can put up with the racist/homophobic/heavy breathing/moronic american players i have so far encountered

4 on 4 is just so good, grid lock is an excellent multiplayer map

Comment

Have to say after first being a bit dissapointed, just started again on Hardcore after platting through casual and im enjoying the game so much now its unreal. I play most of my game casually with either films/Tv or music playing via the my laptop but this is one of the first games that i know have turned that all off and just listen to the game, It really helps though as i can here my team telling me(marcas) to flank right etc and take him out. Just found out how to find the dog tags to

looking for the gears symbal in blood the searching around

How did i miss that first play throug no wonder i only found 5 . Ok back to chainsawing some more monsters This is a ****ing ace game bring on gears 2 i assume there is going to be one yea?

Comment

Does a bear **** in the woods?

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon
                              it is the only game i've played in ranked matches since halo 2

that is mainly because none of ntscers that have it so far are playing online but the game is so good i can put up with the racist/homophobic/heavy breathing/moronic american players i have so far encountered

4 on 4 is just so good, grid lock is an excellent multiplayer map
                              Was on multiplayer lastnight with a loads of Americans and was getting owned big time. Can't wait till more people get the UK version so I can show some skill on some newbies.
                              Last edited by smokedog; 14-11-2006, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog
                                Was on multiplayer lastnight with a loads of Americans and was getting owned big time. Can't wait till more people get the UK version so I can show some skill and some newbies.
                                ntsc-uk player games will be friggin awesome

i am honing my chainsaw skills in anticipation

Comment

Working...
                                X