Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...wait til they are free?

Comment

That was the plan, but I've had a couple fun nights on Gears and my appetite hae been wetted again.

I'm going to try to wait for them to be free on principle. Just think of the price they are going to charge for Halo 3 stuff.

Comment

I caved in and downloaded these this-afternoon after seeing some screens of the Marsh stage. The graphics are incredible in these new maps

Yes these maps are bigger than most, but that's a good thing IMO. The distance between the cover and the number of open spaces suits my play style, i.e. using weapons other than the shotgun. These maps really capture what I think Gears was supposed to be about, namely using cover and teamwork. I far prefer this size and style of map to the generic deathmatch affairs like Gridlock.

BTW apparently you can shoot out the lights or generators or something to turn off the lights in the marsh. Anyone care to shed some light (ho ho) on this?

Comment

Down where the Torque bow is Matty, just to the side there is a big generator on a mound, shoot it once with the shotty and it turns the lights out...

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            Down where the Torque bow is Matty, just to the side there is a big generator on a mound, shoot it once with the shotty and it turns the lights out...

Comment

The lights that get knocked out are the ones illuminating some of the weapon locations. ie: it's impossible to grab the Torque bow when the lights are out. They come back on after a while though.

Probably my favourite map. I love sniping from that little building where the Boomshot is.

Comment

I've had a right old laugh tonight, standing in the doorway to the Boomshot room and letting rip with the shotgun or chainsaw on the Boomshot-addled fools before they even see me

I've noticed the improvement in the Boomshot since th last update too. I've actually used it seriously for the first time!

Comment

Yeh that boomshot was pretty much useless before, you needed a direct hit or nothing... now it actually has a purpose.

I'll be picking up these new maps for sure, they sound great.

Comment

Enjoying the maps, esp Subway.

That Marshes one is pushing the engine too hard, there are whole areas where the framerate suffers. I'd prefer a little less effects, a little more playability.

Comment

why the hell can't i find any games? i bought the map pack yesterday and ever since then i can only find 1-2 games at a time,sometimes nothing.I did'nt have this problem before i downloaded the maps.

Sort it out epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Akira View Post
                        why the hell can't i find any games? i bought the map pack yesterday and ever since then i can only find 1-2 games at a time,sometimes nothing.I did'nt have this problem before i downloaded the maps.

Sort it out epic!
                        It wasn`t the fault of our game ruining friends at Epic, I believe that it was due to "unscheduled maintenance" on XBL. I`ve been playing today and it`s fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                          Enjoying the maps, esp Subway.

That Marshes one is pushing the engine too hard, there are whole areas where the framerate suffers. I'd prefer a little less effects, a little more playability.
                          Very true, playing Annex today and I know that during Annex there can be some slowdown but Marshes was REALLY bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Nembot View Post
                            It wasn`t the fault of our game ruining friends at Epic, I believe that it was due to "unscheduled maintenance" on XBL. I`ve been playing today and it`s fine now.
                            indeed it is.Good times

Comment

Was kicked out of 3 successive matches last night for nothing more than using the chainsaw and was subsequently labelled as cheap, boring and a camper. The irony is all those who kicked me wielded the shotgun exclusively which, pistol whipping aside, is surely the most boring weapon in the game. I swear Gears attracts a higher percentage of pricks than most games.

Comment

All games should have matchmaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X