No announcement yet.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this for xmas and finding it a lot more enjoyable that I thought. I was expecting all the mini games to be ****e but a good number of them (disc golf, target, fps shooter one) are pretty good and a good laff to play. single player seems quite good too once you've got to grips with it.

Comment

This game is not as good as it should have been

Presentation is what ruins it for me. I loved the clear presentations style of Ball 1 and 2. Challenge mode and even Story mode in ball 2 were fast moving, no messing about , focusing everything on the levels themselves.

I have tried to show friends some of the levels from this game and it is like wading through mud.

The silly world structure means that you cannot replay a level you have eaten until the whole world has been beaten (even if you have beaten the world previously)

So then you use the practice mode (a+b pressed on any level you want to practice, not as intuitive as it sounds) . You play the level as much as you want, then go back to the main menu again, easier than it sounds thanks to the stupid tilt thing you have to do to select your options........and by the way it will only give you the option to reselct level at certain points in practice mode, ANNOYING)
      Then reselct your levell by tilting, then do the A B combo and repeat till bored of that worlds levels.

Wanna change world? Well I have yet to find a way to switch between worlds in any mode, I always have to end practice mode by choosing game over, just to choose another world. It is ridiculous, and just gives you the feeling that you are closed in totally constricted, very very user unfriendly

Which is a shame as the levels themselves are hugely enjoyable, once you get used to the jumping. It is the structure of thegame itslef that keeps me away from it more than anything, whichis strange, silly I know.
      The music is fantastic, graphics fine....just hate the presentation.

Comment

I'm enjoying this. Wish the level backgrounds had been a bit more quirky though. Token desert, snow, lava levels Remember the people dancing in the windows of the diners in the original? Controls well.

Comment

i think the controls are fantastic and work better than i thought they would.monkekyball is the first game i thought of when i found out what the controller would do, and its lived up to it as far as im concerend.

dont let the naysayers put u off. this is deffiantely more like 1 than 2. if u liked 1, u should like this, like i do. though i still swear blind i will own any of u at monkey target on smb1. tripple score on the 500s like a knife through butter
          Last edited by Mr Fujisawa; 30-12-2006, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Fujisawa View Post
            i will own any of u at monkey target on smb1
            hehe. I miss the big slope in Monkey Target, now we have a big auto-cannon

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
              hehe. I miss the big slope in Monkey Target, now we have a big auto-cannon
              oh? ive not tried any mini games on blitz, but i hated monkey traget 2, they fecking ruined it. any pleb could land on that one ft:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Fujisawa View Post
                oh? ive not tried any mini games on blitz, but i hated monkey traget 2, they fecking ruined it. any pleb could land on that one ft:
                Only had a little go of it myself in Blitz. You now have a bonus ball you carry and throw so you can claim two scores in one attempt. Seems solid to land yourself though. Dunno if this is the same as SMB2 as I never played that.

Comment

Working...
                X