Lost Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
    I tell you what else is really beginning to piss me off too, when things are a little hectic and you run up to a mech only to take its ****ing gun off rather than climb inside. Then you have to swap back guns, go through the process of the mech slowly powering up and then position it to pickup the weapon you've just yanked off.
    Ooooh I forgot about that...yeah that is ****ing atrocious as well.

Comment

Loving the online side of things. Only played Post Grab (I can't see how this is a deathmatch game) even though almost all games on the ranked server are elimination or team elimination. The maps are epic.

I still can't do the mission 9 boss though, I just don't think I've enough T-Eng.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler View Post
        I still can't do the mission 9 boss though, I just don't think I've enough T-Eng.
        Awh superb... I thought this was only gonna go up to Mission 4 or 5 from what people had been talking about, brilliant. Looks like there is LOTS of epic battles ahead, woohoo!!

Comment

Indeed. I think I've figured out the basic strategy on how to beat this boss, but you can't really do it without taking damage.

My plan was to get in a mech, jump up onto that ledge, gatling gun his front 2 legs off to get him on the floor then rocket launcher his weak spot. I've got him down to under 1/4 health that way before my mech packs in.
          I was going to use the other mech after that, as there are more rocket launcher shots on the floor, but the other mech has awful armor.
          That similar to your plan?

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8 View Post
            Awh superb... I thought this was only gonna go up to Mission 4 or 5 from what people had been talking about, brilliant. Looks like there is LOTS of epic battles ahead, woohoo!!
            There's a total of 12 missions. I'm stuck on 8, how do you kill the NEVC mech boss?
            Last edited by smokedog; 13-01-2007, 23:19.

Comment

You have to flip it over and hits it's weak spot for massive damage! Nah, there's a weak point on the back, just keep hammering that.

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog View Post
                There's a total of 12 missions. I'm stuck on 8, how do you kill the NEVC mech boss?

shoot it's 2 rear tracks/ legs for massive damage

Comment

Shakey_Jake § I was a bit more gung-ho and circled him a lot, running under his legs etc then when I got 2 legs down I'd jump and hover to get a few rockets in. I'll give your method a try but staying still like that seems to equal death and fast... §

ps. how do spoilers work, where do you get that symbol? I just c&p it then make the txt white.

Comment

Shakey_Jake ? I was a bit more gung-ho and circled him a lot, running under his legs etc then when I got 2 legs down I'd jump and hover to get a few rockets in. I'll give your method a try but staying still like that seems to equal death and fast... ?

ps. how do spoilers work, where do you get that symbol? I just c&p it then make the txt white.
                    Spoiler tags use to be available on the Quick reply section but they removed from that now. If you are on the advanced reply screen select the text you want to spoiler tag and hit the symbo lthat looks like a blue square with an S in the middle.

Comment

Well I'm giving up on the Mission 9 boss for today while I still have a controller!
                      Really loving the game but the boss battles, some of them are madly hard, winning only by luck.
                      Anyone who has passed this, please post how!

Great how it saves to the last weypoint if you quit using the Quit option on the Pause menu, so I don't have to work my way back to the boss again.

Comment

Mission 9 boss is the

huge spider-like Akrid right?
                        Get up close and personal and nail the two legs nearest you (making sure you're picking up the fallen Thermal Energy from both as you waste 'em). Once the beast hits the floor, hover using one of the mechs and you'll be able to get a few decent shots at his weak spot. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

This really, really is typical Capcom.

After spending an hour on the M5 boss, I went back and done him first time, by

shooting both his dominant legs out, they drop lovely T-Gen, and made it infinitly easier to beat, since his swing attack was now null and void.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                            Well I'm giving up on the Mission 9 boss for today while I still have a controller!
                            Really loving the game but the boss battles, some of them are madly hard, winning only by luck.
                            Anyone who has passed this, please post how!
                            Piece of cake, only took me two attempts. This is how I did it -

drop down to the ledge below with the EMG and rocket launcher, equip the latter (make sure you keep your chain gun). Then drop down to the ground, destroy the three tanks, collect the energy and jump back up to the ledge again as you've just triggered the entrance of the boss. You are now knee height to the boss, hammer one of its legs with rockets and your chain gun, shouldn't take too much flak before it blows, then repeat on the other leg. It should then fall to the floor revealing its weak spot on the top. Hammer that with both weapons until it grows new legs and then repeat the above process. I'm sure I only did that twice before I killed it. You might have to swap the rocket launcher for the EMG, can't remember if I ran out before it died.

Actually which mech are you using?

You should be using the swanky advanced mech, which can be found in a garage in the previous room by shooting the door off. Once you get that there's two chain guns that you'll need to pickup in the same room.

Comment

Jesus wept, has anyone done the mission 10 boss yet? I have no idea where I'm supposed to be shooting the damn thing.

*EDIT*

Nevermind, done it now, it wasn't even the end of level boss!
                              Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 14-01-2007, 10:17.

Comment

Do you need to play Ranked to get the online achievements?

edit - never mind, can't even boot up the 360 now
                                Last edited by PeteJ; 14-01-2007, 10:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X