No announcement yet.

Lost Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had fun with this one. You won't have to worry about T-ENG in this fight. It's plentiful just before you enter the Mission's end. Just don't get run over!

This guy?

Comment

You defo gotta man-up, jus' like that previous man spoke about. Man, if I can do it, then you has just gots to do its.

Comment

That's definately not the toughest boss.

MAN UP SOLDIER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
          Yes. I HATE him and my night at work is going to be fuelled with anger at his cheatieness!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
            Yes. I HATE him and my night at work is going to be fuelled with anger at his cheatieness!!!
            You mean fuelled with booze right?
            Last edited by spagmasterswift; 14-04-2008, 18:29. Reason: I'm pissed too, huuuraaah!!

Comment

A tip for taking this d00d out - use the pillars...

Comment

BTW, do we know when Colonies is due for release?

Comment

Don't mention that game man, I still have an unopened LOLPS3 version sitting on my shelf....

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                    BTW, do we know when Colonies is due for release?
                    May in Japan I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                      That's definately not the toughest boss.

MAN UP SOLDIER!!!
                      Greeneye and the final boss were the only genuinely hard ones (on Normal at least), and only in that stupid oldskool way Capcom loves so, so, so very much - lightning-fast pattern recognition and silly control mechanisms instead of, I don't know, actually giving them some intelligence.

I did enjoy the final boss, though I'd have enjoyed him a whole lot more if 1) he didn't keep shooting himself with one of his own moves - nice and polished there, Capcom and 2) he didn't have that goddamn glitch where you kill him only he doesn't die. That's really not what I want to remember when I finish a game off, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                        Greeneye and the final boss were the only genuinely hard ones (on Normal at least)
                        Odd, I found Greeneye ridiculously easy!

Comment

Eh, his patterns were obvious enough, but I just could not get playing chicken with him down pat. Died so many times because he ended up side-swiping me against the wall after I didn't move fast enough, or dodged the wrong way, or both, and then he'd tenderise me with those ice missile things.

Comment

Didn't think it was worth making a new thread for this one, but as nobody seems to be playing it (except for my nemesis Paulos G) here are some impressions of the Colonies Edition.

So far I have only had a couple of goes at the Score Attack Mode. This allows you to play through any of the Single Player Campaign levels at any difficulty, basically from the off the whole games is unlocked for you to run&gun in.

You score different points for different things you destroy (which includes barrels, lampposts, enemies) and you have a combo meter with a time bar that rapidly empties between kills forcing you to manically string the destruction together for HUGE POINT GAINz!!1 Not everything will let you destroy it so you can get caught out trying to shoot up a metal box and waste valuable time. Also you can fill the bar by smacking the ice shells that the Akrid leave behind. From checking the Online High Score Leaderboards its possible to max out the score to 999999 so comboing a whole level seems like the ultimate aim.

While before you could use the grapple hook to attach yourself to Mechs and Akrid and pump some rounds into them or slap on some sticky-nades, this time you can do this to the scenery too. With windows, concrete and barriers now used to build the combo this technique brings a bit of variation and showboating to the game for those GrappleNinjas to enjoy!

Sadly the option to pick up ammo is still the same button as melee, so wasting time taking a swipe at the air in error can result in a broken combo and much frustration. Is a minor niggle though imo, this new addition is worthy of another purchase alone and I have yet to try out the speeded up FPS single player mode, unlimited ammo and the new online battles >_<

Be warmed though, you need to kill the end of level boss for you score to count and if you are rinsing as many kills as possible the levels can seem a little too long to become insanely addictive.

Comment

I only just remembered Colonies was out and bought a copy. Do your saves carry over from the previous game?

Comment

As far as I can see nothing carries over from the previous game (unless my online character did, but I get the feeling everybody gets to start with him from the off)...

Comment

Working...
                                X