No announcement yet.

Lost Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finished this today. I really enjoyed its old school "shoot the weak spot" style gameplay. Played through on normal and found it fairly challenging, with several boss fights causing old school style hair-pulling-pad-slamming-fits-of frustration

I've now gone back to replay levels on Easy to get some achievements. Avoid playing through this on Easy on your first playthrough.

The multiplayer so far has been ace. Post Grab mode being my fave. The rpg style levelling up system for the ranked matches has got me a little hooked.

Got the L.E version coming tomorrow so i can play the bonus map too :/

Good stuff...

...crazy stuff
    Last edited by hudson; 11-01-2007, 05:53.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
      Played through on normal and found it fairly challenging, with several boss fights causing old school style hair-pulling-pad-slamming-fits-of frustration
      Was

"Green Eye"

one of them? I got wasted loads of times by that bugger.
      The final Boss caused me some problems too since the gameplay was totally different. Overall though, I'd say it's the right kind of frustration you endure - You don't get put off, you just become determined to win with the next attempt.

Hope the CE arrives today because I miss not having my JPN version anymore.

Comment

yes i have to agree some of the boss fights were very frustrating

That mech fight i found so frustrating i got into the mech and then before i had a chance to do anything the enemy knocked a quarter of my health off.

thankfully i found the second mech i could get into .....not until after a lot of retrys though

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200066148450 is this same model you get from game?

Comment

That's the one.

Comment

Started off great but I'm having trouble now on mission 3 with the boss. Some of the gameplay mechanics seem a bit unfair too. Its' very easy to get stuck into a cycle of getting knocked down repeatedly with no way out of it.

Comment

I reckon the two most difficult for me was

the fight with that huge Mech/Tank and a bunch of smaller mechs

later in the game and

the final battle in the flying mech.

It was controlling the huge mechs that took the most work, and adapting to their slower respones.

I haven't played this for a few days. Will jump back into it later on Extreme.

@ Kubrick - Did you ever manage to defeat the first Akrid boss on Extreme? I came sooo close on one of many many attempts. Gave up and continued on Hard in the end. I WILL do it tonight, if it kills me, lord I'll do it tonight!

Comment

What is everyone's opinion on the constant heat loss feature? Not sure I'm a fan based on the demo. Is it possible to replenish the meter?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                    What is everyone's opinion on the constant heat loss feature? Not sure I'm a fan based on the demo. Is it possible to replenish the meter?
                    You collect heat from downed aliens and cannisters dont you? Well you did in the demo anyway. I actually think its quite a nice feature. Adds another bit of depth to the combat... be so good getting a kill from making someone freeze somehow, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8 View Post
                      be so good getting a kill from making someone freeze somehow, hehe.
                      I like your thinking Mardi!

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8 View Post
                        You collect heat from downed aliens and cannisters dont you?Well you did in the demo anyway.
                        Yep it's still the same.

Since there's tonnes of Akrid around I haven't really found the countdown a problem yet. Plus there are also energy posts (the ones from the online demo which you have to hammer the B button to open up) which give a massive boost.

Comment

The constant Thermal Energy loss is a HUGE factor when playing on Extreme. There are none of them energy filling data posts around (well, in the first mission at least) and you have to rely on fallen foes to replenish the T Eng bar. Couple that with the fact that there's no mechs to fight the first boss with, and this game becomes a struggle to survive.

Tbh I like the fact that you're constantly on the run. Keeps the pace up.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                            I like your thinking Mardi!
                            Aye man, you run into the only building on the map, lock the door and watch from a shielded window as one of your enemy tries desperately to get inside cause there aint not heat recharge outside, hehe, pleeeeeeease let that be a possibility

I def think the heat management thing is something that is good for the game. Like the active reload in Gears, you gotta manage all the different things within an environment to really get the most out of your play.

Comment

Got the game today. I think it’s ace! Surely it’s gonna win awards for its technical qualities, the special effects are amazing!
                              Last edited by MarioMark; 11-01-2007, 17:30.

Comment

Played the first mission, EXCELLENT fun.

Throws you in the deep end big time to be honest but it's a great game already for me. A few minor complaints though:

The time it takes to "turn" your viewing angle. If you don't want to do 45 degree turns (LB/RB) but want to use the right stick, its very slow...but I'll get used to it.

After playing gears as well it seems criminal to not be able to change weapons on the move. If you want to switch from machine gun to shotty, the Wayne stands still to change weapon.

Lovely looking, excellent fun to play. The mech is just great!! Suprised by the end of level 1, didn't see that coming, thought it was a simple run and gun level!

Looking forward to getting stuck right into the game, without spoiling it anyone, is it a long game?

Gonna try to get online with it tonight if I can!

Comment

Working...
                                X