No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Earth Defence Force 2017 on the PAL packaging, but not in-game..

Just hit up the first few levels on co-op at the w/e, really good fun! Quick question hough, we've been doing most of the levels on hard, but a few have had to be done on normal - if we complete the game like this, will we get the Completed Normal Achievement? Or does every level have to be done on the one difficulty? It's a bit annoying it doesn't have a record available of what difficulties you've done on each level.

Comment

You do have to do all 53 levels on each difficulty to get the achievements for each difficulty level - you also need to do this to unlock the weapon only given out by completing each difficulty.

On the mission select screen it shows you what difficulties you've completed them on (down the bottom of the screen)
      Last edited by VR46; 01-05-2007, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
        It's a bit annoying it doesn't have a record available of what difficulties you've done on each level.
        Look at the small medals on the mission select screen below the picture of the mission. This shows you which difficulties you have completed that level on.

Comment

Oh right, thanks guys

Comment

For what it's worth, I missed them at first too. They are very small.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
              For what it's worth, I missed them at first too. They are very small.
              Oi!

Nothing about the EDF is small!

EDF! EDF! EDF!!

Comment

why dont you monsters go home to space!

Comment

Fatty's been killed!

Go back home - to space!

Comment

I've just complete Easy (I rock!) and am now working my way through normal. Health is already at a 1,000.

I tried a few early levels on hard and they were okay, but some of the later ones with millions of spiders are a nightmare.

Still love it though!

Comment

I'm on Level 8 Hard...

Maybe I should redo everything on Easy/Medium before diving straight in to Hard.... it's hard to say the least, ants coming at you at top speed and you gotta destroy two UFOs...

Comment

Over 6500 health still isn't enough to do some missions on insane in co-op

Comment

oof id better get collecting

Comment

Is the AI any help on hard/hardest/insane - getting bit worried as my gameplaying mates aren't upto much such a shame you can't do co-op over Live.

I've been trying to do each level on all difficulties at the same time, not quite working out though, really need more health and much better weapons.

Comment

Yeah, I think the game really expects you to do all the levels on one difficulty before starting the next. You just won't have enough health to survive the higher difficulties from the start.

One level where the AI is very useful is level 40 (I think; it's the one which starts with you heading back to base in a valley). They're close to being able to finish that level themselves. If you have one of the gun turret type of weapon, you can stick that into both your weapon slots and keep two or three of them out permanently. Between them and the AI, all you have to do is pick up the items that drop. I can do that level on Inferno now, which means I have most of the best weapons in the game.

Comment

Cool tip, thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X