No announcement yet.

Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

superstarbeejay, persevere with GDF and the horrid frame rate becomes irrelevant compared to the variety on show. There's so many good things throughout the game, and the new things keep coming all the way to the last mission. It's not like EDF2017 where you reach the 40th level and you're thinking, ' when are they going to introduce a new enemy?'

I replayed GDF after completing EDF2017 and it took a while to get used to the massive step back in visuals, but by the 20th mission or so it just didn't matter. There are so many good enemies to meet -

the war-of-the-worlds walkers, the centipede, the cross-shaped UFOs, the armoured ladybirds, the flying ants, the mega-godzilla, the mirror ufos, the giant spiders/ants/cross ufos, the more varied envirnoments...

- it provides a spectacle above and beyond EDF2017.

Comment

Hi guys!

I have an NTSC-J xbox360 and stumbled upon this 15? gem while browsing play.com:

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

After reading the impressions in this thread I am confident this game would suit me perfectly, only question is, will the PAL version boot on an NTSC-J xbox?

Browsed through the region-free thread without any reports regarding the PAL version.

Comment

Originally posted by sour_cream View Post
        Hi guys!

I have an NTSC-J xbox360 and stumbled upon this 15? gem while browsing play.com:

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

After reading the impressions in this thread I am confident this game would suit me perfectly, only question is, will the PAL version boot on an NTSC-J xbox?

Browsed through the region-free thread without any reports regarding the PAL version.
        I doubt it, but you can get the japanese version -

You'll miss the classy cheese of the PAL - 'fatty's been killed!' - and the text is Japanese, but fundamentally it's the same game. I completed EDF3 with Vanpeebles months before the PAL version came out.

Comment

You need to get this game. SRSLY. It's more genuine, actual fun than a lot of higher profile releases on the 360 and at that price you really can't go wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the advice!
            Order placed for the JAP version now to play the waiting game...

Comment

It's worth the wait!

Comment

Hehe, Ive done 61% of the entire game and barely scraped 3K's worth of health? Got buckets of weapons and finished on a couple of difficulty levels, GOD DAMN spiders & ants!!

Still loving this game

Comment

I bought this before for £8 and thought it was terrible, obviously didn't see what you guys see in it? Controls felt unresponsive and the gameplay just felt incredibly monotonous.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
                    I bought this before for ?8 and thought it was terrible, obviously didn't see what you guys see in it? Controls felt unresponsive and the gameplay just felt incredibly monotonous.
                    I think that's what we liked about it

Comment

Well, Team Juans popped round with his HD last night and we continued the march towards 1000 points for him. He now only has 1 level on inferno left to do and 3 weapons to find.

This'll be the third 1000/1000 I've helped out in on this game, and there were some particularly sharp skills and flawless tactics on show last night.

Levels 51 and 52 were thrashed first time using a double ZEXR gun/ ZEXR, Lysander F combo and timing the reloads and deployment carefully. When I think of the trouble these levels gave me and pebble first time around, we developed some stonewall strategies to pass them.

Superb. It still plays brilliantly and just got me a bit irritated that we've heard nothing about the next one.

Comment

Huh. I'm still stuck on 500Gs for this (and have been for ages now) and no bugger I know will help me through the 5 levels of Inferno I've got left. They whine and moan like gurlymen when the spiders start raping them.

I'm left with trying to do it on my lonesome and it's just too hard in 1P for plain old me.

Comment

If you could rope some sap into giving it a go I could give you some surefire tactics for nailing those levels, as long as you'e got zexr guns and a lysander (preferably Z, though F did the job last night).

Comment

Game's never given me the Z, as is evidenced by my incessant whining in previous posts and despite hours of farming. Tch. Pft. Ach.

I'm in a bit of a gaming void at the mo, so I might do a few more hours of farming, see if it gives it up, the little tease.

Comment

have you got that 'top secret' word document that details every weapon and from what level and difficulty they become available?

http://www.d3press.us/files/Earth%20Defense%20Force%202017/Walkthrough/Walkthrough_and_Weapon_Desc_EDF_2017.doc

Contain spoilerz!
                              Last edited by prinnysquad; 24-07-2008, 17:20. Reason: added link

Comment

Oh yeah, I've hammered those levels like a Bangkok whore and I've never got the Z.

Comment

Working...
                                X