Earth Defense Forces 3 - Chikyuu Boueigun 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet, thanks

I got to about level 11 last night - During level 9 (I think!) everything clicked together, but it was level ten when

when the robots are coming out of the water, with the sun setting behind

that made me fall in love with it! The explosions were so massive that I could hardly see, the screen was shaking like crazy and I had no idea what was going on - pure awesome.

Comment

Later in the game, you'll pick up an A-19A Assualt Rifle, if I remember correctly its the best Ive seen so far. And theres a rocket launcher that fires 10 shots very quickly with an A accuracy. All those goodies to come!

Tip:

When you've thrashed almost everything on a level, leave 2 or 3 enemies, and scout around to pick up ALL the armour and weapons. You can easily avoid/outrun ant venom or whatever. BUT if your little helper blokes are still knocking around somwhere on the map, save that area of the map (if it has goodies) til last cos they'll gun whatever's chasing you down and you'll lose out on goodies.

Comment

Just picked mine up from GAME (?24.99) and I feel dirty because I hate shopping there, ****ing no knowledge, indie store killing c**ts!!

I`d originally ordered it from Play (?17.99) but even today my order was still being processed and I stay in on a Friday and have a bit of a marathon session so I wanted sumat new to play.

Cheese Strings, Red Bull, pickled onion Monster Munch and EDF, can`t wait!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          i like a good machine gun with plenty of ammo
          Well there's a surprise!

Glad to see people feeling the love for this. Think I might have to have another blast on it soon myself.

Comment

Right that's it i'm going to tesco to buy this, it's only cheapo eh?

thanks for the impressions.

Comment

Can anyone who has the PAL version fill in the blanks for my handy guide at the top of page two of this thread?

Comment

Don't take any notice of Paulos. He's a big

The fact that he STOPPED playing it is a hanging offence in itself!!!

Comment

pARp
                  Originally posted by Paulos G View Post

Here's a brief run down on the menus (work in progress) and how to get the alternative control scheme :

Title screen:
                  Start

Start new game
                  (then select single player or co-op)
                  Load game (then select single player or co-op)
                  Multiplayer (appears to be splitscreen deathmatch)
                  Chose storage device

Main menu:
                  Mission Select
                  Chose Weapons
                  Save
                  Options
                  Exit

Options:
                  SE volume
                  BGM volume
                  Voice volume
                  Screen Shake on/off
                  Control options
                  Back

Control Options:
                  Sensitivity (0.50 to 1.00)
                  View Up/Down
                  View Left/Right
                  Vibration on/off

"Hollywood action camera" on/off
                  Control scheme default (bad)/alternative (good)
                  Reset defaults
                  Back

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
                    Right that's it i'm going to tesco to buy this, it's only cheapo eh?
                    I went to my Tesco because I didn`t want to get it from GAME and they didn`t have it, GameStation didn`t have it either.

Comment

Should've read that before I went on a 40 minute walk ah well

Comment

I ordered mine from play.com last week. i thought it would be today, as it was dispatched Wednesday.. It isn't
                        To make matters worse I'm working all day tomorrow, then going out straight from work, then working Sunday. Looks like it's Sunday night to play this, providing it arrives tomorrow.
                        I can't wait!

Comment

Play are a bit variable aren't they. Mine did arrive today which is just as well since I'm not back in work till Tuesday. Also got Heatseeker today so I'm looking forward to some lovely arcade style gaming this weekend.

Comment

Got mine from Play.com today (I'm not trying to rub your nose in it Skull mate!).

When I 1st put it on & played the 1st mission I was a little sceptical, but I'm a bout 8 missions in now & I have to say I'm loving it!!

Obviously theres the B-Movie references of the Japanese Monster flicks & War Of The Worlds, but it also kinda reminds of a cross between GTA, Dynasty Warriors & GunMetal. GTA for the vast City layout which is totally destructable!, Dynasty Warriors for the hordes of enemies & simple controls, & GunMetal for the deep voiced General shouting your orders at you, & both DW & GM for the mindless violence!!
                            A good combination in my eyes!!

Cant wait to get my bro over for a Co-op mode. He's a huge DW fan so this should suit him down to the ground! Kinda takes me back to our Streets Of Rage/Golden Axe/Forgotten Worlds/Gunstar Heroes/Ghost Recon Co-op days of yesteryear!!

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................grrrreat days!!!

Comment

This game has Co-Op?

I am buying this tomorrow morning.

Comment

What a game.

What.

A.

Game.

I'm only 6 missions into it, purely because i've been replaying the earlier missions. Already I have to say, this is one of the best games i've played this year.

When you first hear/see the gunships...

Comment

Working...
                                X