No announcement yet.

StarWars KOTOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, after hearing about some other forum members who received their shipping notifications from DVDBO, I got mine.

So, 10 days or so and I'll be there.

I tell you, it's becoming more and more rare that I get really excited about a game.

Fingers crossed...

Comment

There is a post on RLLM from someone who phoned Game...apparently the UK release has been put back until Christmas for various reasons

Goblin, may the force be with you. And the game with me, tommorow.

Comment

Not found any on Ebay. I desperatly need it!

Comment

What characters have you guys chosen, I started with a male scout but ended up starting again as a soldier (got sick of getting my ass kicked). Now I'm starting to wish I had tried a female character.

I suppose Its good for the replay value, maybe next time I'll go a female and turn to the dark side.

Comment

Originally posted by evilmatt
            Originally posted by Ish
            the d20 rule system seems to have been adapted really well to the Star Wars universe
            I was under the impression it's based on the Star Wars pen n paper rpg, isn't it?
            It is. The new edition of the Star Wars pen and paper RPG uses the d20 system, developed by Wizards of the Coast for all of their RPG properties. It is an incredibly versatile ruleset, and can be adapted for just about any genre or style you can think of.

Comment

Hehe, not sold out totally in the US! Obviously, I won't be able to play it until I return to the UK next Thursday (argh, the waiting!), but at least I have managed to secure a copy, from of all places a town called...Littleton. Eat your heart out, Smallville

Comment

Mine didn't turn up

In fact, none of the games I've ordered turned up.

Bah. Humbug.

Comment

just ordered mine to join the masses - this is gonna be a long wait !!!

I'm gonna go have a scroll through al the pages but quick question ; what classes can you choose to play as at the start ?

Comment

Scout, Scoundral, and Soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                      Scout, Scoundral, and Soldier.
                      Heh. Scoundral it is

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                        Mine didn't turn up

Bah. Humbug.
                        nor mine,, knew i should have paid the extra $8 for fedex

couldda been playing now, instead of being like a love struck teenageer starring into space..... ahh...BOLLIX

Comment

Aye it sucks. Meant I had no excuse and had to come into work.

I don't even get paid for overtime, let alone coming in on weekends - how ****ty is that?

Comment

So that'll be me then with the exclusive first impressions?

I guess so!

Tronix have shipped mine, but I won't have it til at least Wednesday, so I've downloaded the ISO to keep me going. I was going to rip it to the hard drive anyway, so I've cut out the middle man It weights in at a whopping 3.6 GB, so make sure you have room if you intend to install it on your drive. I noticed none of the mentioned long loading times when playing like this, so if you have the facility, I'd recommend it.

So then, the game... Well it's hard to gve impressions without spoiling it, so I'll just say this much: I'm loving it. Me. Impressed with a western RPG. Impressed with a Star Wars game. There you go.

One annoying thing though - The framerate. It does get a bit choppy. Plus the faces don't have enough variety: I've aready beaten an exact copy of me in a duel, which kills the illusion a bit.

Still, minor gripes in a game which has got me completely gripped. Onwards then...

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                              So that'll be me then with the exclusive first impressions?

I guess so!
                              Or you could scroll up a page and check out JRMacumber and my own impressions

Agreed that its a great game though. I'm utterly gripped too! I'm just waiting for the kettle to boil and then its back to it .

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                                So then, the game... Well it's hard to gve impressions without spoiling it, so I'll just say this much: I'm loving it. Me. Impressed with a western RPG. Impressed with a Star Wars game. There you go.

:: faints ::

Comment

Working...
                                X