No announcement yet.

StarWars KOTOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went and put my deposit down for my preorder today, and will be playing it bu afternoon Thursday. Cannot wait for this!

Comment

KOTOR Review from some no name website:

A long time ago (just a few years) in a galaxy far, far away (Edmonton, Canada), Bioware started work on the first single player Star Wars RPG: Knights of the Old Republic. Charged with making a AAA Star Wars game and one of Xbox?s first RPGs, Bioware certainly had its work cut out. Fast forward to today; KOTOR has gone gold, and suffice to say it?s one of the greatest RPGs ever made. At E3, we were pleased to offer an exclusive high-res 21-minute preview, and today we?re happy to give the first internet review.
      From the start, you?ll notice a lot of time was invested in KOTOR. The graphics are nothing less than spectacular, CG scenes are beautiful, and the framerate?s solid. On top of that, gameplay and immersion?s second to none. Unlike other RPGs, KOTOR has over 10,000 lines of voiced conversation. Every character has speech that offers more than two infinitely repeated lines. Some have more to say than others, but conversation flows realistically rather than repetitiously. Add the classic Star Wars soundtrack, and you have a top-notch audio experience in full Dolby Digital 5.1.

The game also allows great freedoms in an extremely large world. Fans of the vast Morrowind will be impressed to find KOTOR offers even larger, more detailed planets. The main quest alone requires travel to at least four other planets for completion. Other explorations depend on what you choose to accomplish. Since there?s no time crunch, you?re free to take on however many side quests whenever you want.

The quests themselves are very engaging and satisfying. Long gone are ?delivery man? quests (?fetch me a... shrubbery!?), instead are deeper problems like settling quarrels between rival clans or solving city-destroying threats. Quests? rewards don?t disappoint and alter or enhance the main quest, and they even have multiple solutions. For example, with the quarreling families, use either charismatic charm to mediate the argument, or simply murder the antagonists Terminator-style. Each such decision has consequences that twist the main story, adding massive replayability to an already awesome game.

The battle system?s a revolutionary hybrid of turn-based and real-time combat. The HUD allows combat decisions to be queued, and they can be changed mid-battle using an optional pause feature. There?s a small learning curve, but the system?s easy to use once mastered.

Battles range from 1-on-1 to 18-on-1, allowing the opportunity to wipe out armies with ferocious Jedi abilities, and battles like these make KOTOR a gem. Overall, there are more than 40 different enemies, and perhaps more, but at this time it?s almost impossible to explore every planet without spending a good month on the game.

KOTOR seems flawless. It?s one of the greatest RPGs I?ve played and has eradicated my doubts that a Western developer can create an RPG on par with Final Fantasy. What?s more, it?s even replaced Halo as my favorite Xbox title. Get to the store and pick this up as soon as you can. You will not be disappointed

Comment

I also ordered it. due to your enthusasism for it.

This will be my last game until F Zero as I will need the time to play several new games.

Comment

Well after my umming and ahhing over which version (PC/XBox) to get I've just pre-ordered it for the XBox. The armchair won out.

Roll on next week. I can't wait . A new Bioware game. Oh man oh man oh man.

Comment

I'll be waiting for reviews.

As this game is by Bioware I'm hopeful. And let's face it, a license doesn't make a bad game, it's the developer and publisher...

So, I'm hopeful... It could be great. But I've now spent all my money, and will have to wait until I come back from Holiday which is a very good thing.

When I come back, the game will have been out for about 3 weeks and I'll have a good few reviews to read! This'll allow me to make a well rounded decision...

Roll on, Roll on!

Comment

It has now received 100% score from two reviewers, both saying it is the best Xbox game (pointing out is was better than Halo). IGN are going nuts over it also...

This is going to be special...

Comment

recently (just last week) i promised myself and others (i.e 'er indoors) no more new games till xmas..ish time, i have a huge stack of games i aint even opened and am beginning to feel very guilty.......

however this morning i made the mistake of readin everything i could find on IGN about KOTOR, watched developers movies, in game demo from one of the developers and im sold.
                The devs seem genuinely excited to be making/have made, this game. The combat style seems great on the face of it- lets just hope it works well.
                I'm not a star wars fan as such, but the devs history and the thought of a great rpg on the xbox was just too overwhelming, Tronix now has my order and i can't wait.
                Morrowind sucked up my life and sleep for ages, this looks (and apparently is) a much much better game, and i lurved MW.
                Star Wars is such a huge huge name, is this gonna be a system seller i wonder???????

Roll on next week....

time to check the bioware forums out

Comment

I've read so much good stuff today, I've gone and ordered the bast!

Word of warning: If this does turn out to be rubbish like every other Star Wars game released since the excellent Mysteries of the Sith, I will come round to everyone who's hyped this' house and cut their bums off.

Comment

lol

Burai, the force is obviously weak in both of us

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                      Word of warning: If this does turn out to be rubbish like every other Star Wars game released since the excellent Mysteries of the Sith, I will come round to everyone who's hyped this' house and cut their bums off.
                      It wasnt me

Comment

jedi knight 2 was good.

also yes i will definitly be checking this one out. its somewhat suprised me with how good its supposed to be and the last game that did that to me was halo.

nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo
                          jedi knight 2 was good.
                          Ssshhhh!! Don't say that outloud! Someone (*coughBuraicough*) might hear you!

Comment

/me leaps through closed window into thread showering all within with broken glass.

Jedi Knight II was not good.

Jedi Knight II was complete drivel.

By FPS standards it truly is completely awful. The balance is wrong, the story is crap, the levels poorly designed and the multiplayer laughable. It's made completely redundant by the original and Mysteries of the Sith.

Add the Saber Battle X mod to those and even the additonal powers and moves you'd gained in Outcast are available in the superior title.

There's no excuse to be playing rubbish like Jedi Outcast when there are 3 far-superior Star Wars FPS games to be playing.

Comment

/dives behind the couch and rolls away from spraying glass

Jedi Knight 2 was fun. Not nearly as good as Dark Forces or Jedi Knight, but still a fun game, especially after getting your light saber and force powers

/sees that the maniac has his back turned, and so runs through an open door and flees for safety

Comment

/me turns around to see the door closing and mutters something about "next time" in an unintelligable dialect that sounds like a cross between Spanish and Mandarin and leaps back out of the window.

Comment

Working...
                                X