No announcement yet.

Diddy Kong Racing DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity what does Taj's voice sound like? Is it really bad?

Comment

Taj's funny voice has gone!

It was a highlight of the game. It was stereotyped, but also total comedy, and fun. Just like the Posh English, Deep Scottish, and high pitched Irish accents you get in games.

Fable has funny voices too. It adds to the charm. The powers that be have no sense of fun, or charm at all. Evil bastards! ( They probably think they're doing good; morons! )

Comment

can anyone help me? ive beaten wizpig, but cannot find any of the keys to open the locked doors. anyone know where I need to go to find them in each world hub?

i love this game btw, much better than the n64 version and really suits the ds.

Comment

I must admit to being somewhat underwhelmed atm. It was a game that I played to death on the N64 (unlocked TT (which wasn't easy) and even managed to get my lap times in various N64 magazines of the time, despite playing the slower PAL version). The changes to the core gameplay simply weren't needed. There's more of an emphasis on powerups now. The bananas have gone thus reducing the need for strategy. You seem to get a full boost from the zippers now regardless of whether you take off the accelerator just before hitting them. To get a boost at the start you need to use the stylus (which being right handed isn't easy). It just seems to have been over simplified. One of the things that made the game so good on the N64 was the fact that it relied on skill more than anything else. Yes it meant multiplayer could become tedious, but now luck plays as big a part as anything else which to me is rubbish.

Graphically it's ok. The textures seem a little rubbish in places. I think the characters are bigger now, but there's a lot more fogging than I remember.

Comment

Well, I've enjoyed playing it and unlocking everything apart from T.T - that's next to do.

I disliked Diddy Kong racing when I had it on N64, but have really enjoyed this DS version.

The non-blowing turbo-starts were an idiotic decision, but I quite liked the quick zip around the course shooting balloons and collecting coins.

It's certainly good value compared with some DS games and all of the online modes are fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by laruso View Post
              can anyone help me? ive beaten wizpig, but cannot find any of the keys to open the locked doors. anyone know where I need to go to find them in each world hub?
              The keys are found in specific courses, they're all easy to find, but you need to know which courses to go to. I'd write them here, but I don't know how to do a spoiler - gamefaqs will help you out.

Comment

Most of you guys have already played the game but I picked up the UK version on release yesterday.

I really enjoyed the N64 version of the but I had a bit of unfinished business with it as there was just one gold balloon that I never found.

I`m enjoying the single player story, it`s as fun as I remembered it, but there are a couple of things I`m not happy about. I absolutely hate the fact that you have to use the touch screen to get a boost start, why?? What`s happened to Taj`s voice? Changing it is just ridicluous, and what`s the story with these boss battles where you use the styluss to drive, it`s dreadful! On a plus though I like the fact that you can spend your money on building your vehicles up, that`s good.

I had a game on multiplayer last night and got smashed up, but even so I can`t see me battering the multiplayer to try and get better. I think I`ll do the adventure and call it a day because Mario Kart it ain`t!

Comment

Working...
                X