Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruthless is the middle setting.

I didn't realise that the islands do actually increase in difficulty.
    The Shai-gen ones are damn evil.

Originally posted by Yoshimax
    AAA gaming gold
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 19-02-2007, 17:44.

Comment

Oh my god, oh my god.

I just got the High Flyer (climb the tower) and Base jumper (jump from the tower to the pool of water) achievements.

MOST SATISFYING GAMING MOMENT EVER.

I had a go at climbing it earlier but I wasn't "agile" enough, but just now...it took about 15/20 minutes to do and there were moments where I actually said "No, please let me find a way, I've come this far! PLEASE"...in fact there were several.

But I did it, oh my god the draw distance is monumental. The view...the view.

Then the jump, I knew if I ****ed it up I'd have another 20 minute climb to the top, but I nailed it first time, straight in the water "YES!".

This game is just...wow, it feels perfect, or as perfect as a game like this can. You can't get bored and it's the most addictive title yet! When you feel like a break from killing you can do so many things like Stunt driving, Explode things (the limpet mines are supreme) or just just from rooftop to rooftop finding agility orbs OR having rooftop races (SO cool).

Seriously, if anyone was even slightly tempted by the demo, BUY THIS NOW.

It'd be a crime if it was known as "the game that sold because of Halo 3", it really would.

Comment

I know its a weird thing to say but on 2 occasions now I've jumped off a very high building and my stomach has actually turned a little like I was going over a bridge or something.
        Last edited by EvilBoris; 20-02-2007, 06:40.

Comment

The full game is certainly much more satisfying than the demo for having the skills enhancement slowed down. Now when you're able to leap 20ft + in the air it actually feels like you've earned the ability to do so.

The only let down for me (from a very personal stand point) is that the full on cel shaded stuff that's shown in the gang videos isn't what the game looks like. That isn't to say there's anything wrong here, that's just me hankering for something like a next-gen Jet Set Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
            I know its a weird thing to say but on 2 occasions now I've jumped off a very high building and my stomach has actually turned a little like I was going over a brige or something.
            Me and my kids get that a lot and we love it

Comment

Hey guys...

ordered with gameplay so coming in...on thursday...

but borrowed my flatmates shopto copy.

Incredible stuff. I'm as jaded by this GTA clone stuff as the next guy but this really is great great stuff

AAA Gold defo as Yoshi said really im a jaded dude and im loving this one....

Congrates realtime on giving us a real jem.....and an unexpected one at that.

surprises always welcome.

Comment

Heh, I did those two achievements - or what would have got me them - in the demo, and yes, they were great fun, if a little easier than I thought they'd be (you can control your flight so much at Agility level 4 all you need is one good jump off the correct side of the tower to hit the pool and you're pretty much set). And it doesn't take twenty minutes to climb! Once you have the route down it's more like ten, tops.

The jumping is just... I can't believe how much fun it is. I've got it pre-ordered from HMV, so it probably won't be here 'til the end of the week , but I still can't stop firing up the demo to rooftop race. Even on my own bettering my lap times is just sublime. They so, so, so should have included the ability to lay out your own checkpoints.

EDIT: And I should hope the other gangs are significantly more difficult. I only play the demo on Psychotic now - combat gets a little tedious otherwise.
                Last edited by Eight Rooks; 19-02-2007, 23:58.

Comment

Shopto delievered yesterday, and I absolutely love it. Like Jebus said, it would be a crime if this was only remembered cos of the Halo 3 Beta. I've only played it for two hours, done 3 gang members and spent the rest of the time scrambling around for agility orbs. As simple as the orb collection is, maxing out my abilities and collecting the achievements will make this last longer than the campaign.

Comment

There are 4 new Agents to download for free on Marketplace, fellas Providing you're a Gold subsciber.

Comment

What also impressed me about this game is the draw distance - it really is fantastic.

No more looking down on a street and it being empty with two or three cars or pedestrians fading out of view - Crackdown actually still has people and cars moving around some way away.

Comment

Although they are fake ones that you can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                          What also impressed me about this game is the draw distance - it really is fantastic.

No more looking down on a street and it being empty with two or three cars or pedestrians fading out of view - Crackdown actually still has people and cars moving around some way away.
                          Best thing i have found to is shooting there tyres out by locking on, i managed to shoot this soccer moms four tyres out was fooking funny watching her drive down the road on rims sliding all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by mackemansj1 View Post
                            Best thing i have found to is shooting there tyres out by locking on, i managed to shoot this soccer moms four tyres out was fooking funny watching her drive down the road on rims sliding all over the place.
                            Found out whilst playing the demo you can also shoot the fuel cap on the cars for instant expolsions, quality feature right there!

Comment

My shopto copy arrived this morning, great service ordered Sat got the Tuesday before release

Only had 20 mins with the game so far, but it is great as expected. I in the end did not play allot of the demo, as I did not like the accelerated ability progression etc. Feels allot more rewarding already in the main game, managed to one star my agility and get 80 in strength in the 20 mins I played, which is far slower going ! Done the first supply point and a bit of roof hopping, but no major exploration so far.

Will dig into it alot more later on, can see it being a late night in the simmy house hold. Be open to some coop play, when I've got a bit of a handle on the game !

Is it just me or does the game feel extremely polished and a progression step for 360 games. Don't quite know how to describe what I mean, but the integration of achievements and downloads etc. seems more seamless then any other game as yet. Just look at the way the achievements can all be viewed in full colour on an ingame menu rather than on the guide. Far nicer looking and more user friendly than popping the guide open all the time. It also shows you how many friends are online in the character selection screen, which I've not seen before.

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                              There are 4 new Agents to download for free on Marketplace, fellas Providing you're a Gold subsciber.
                              Got a little more than excited before I even played the main game this morning. Booted the game, logged in my profile and then immediately it popped up with new content available. Went into the download screen and sat there at the bottom was download the Halo 3 beta, I shreaked like a child until I noticed it was greyed out

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

Really think the quality of the tech in this game is being underestimated due to the radical art style. It is finally a true living VIBRANT city, something which as a GTA addict I've been waiting for. Love the way it scales as well, climb up high and you can see loads of dots moving around on the pavements, jump down to see that their people.

Evidently the cars you can see in the distance when you are up high etc. are not real though, i.e. you cannot destroy them with rockets etc !

edit
                                Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                Although they are fake ones that you can't hurt.
                                Really should read before I post !
                                Last edited by Simmy; 20-02-2007, 09:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X