Brian Lara Cricket World Cup (360 DEMO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Another annoyance for me, the fielders are PAINFULLY slow...RUN YOU **** RUN!!! But they don't, then when they get the ball the bar to "throw it" is ridiculously fast...
    I thought that at first but I was pressing A to throw...which doesn't work. It's L or R. Once I knew that I found it to be fine. Though the fielder still occasionally looks at the crowd whilst throwing which is sloppy.

Comment

I like the feel of the batting. Strokes are far more staifying than on any other cricket game/sim I've played before. However, other than that, it seems a bit basic and unpolished. The players should have looked like their proper selves in HD instead of a garbled mess.

Comment

I always found the bowling more satisfying in 2005. It's next to useless in the demo due to it being on slog mode so you don't see the variation in speed.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler View Post
          I thought that at first but I was pressing A to throw...which doesn't work. It's L or R. Once I knew that I found it to be fine. Though the fielder still occasionally looks at the crowd whilst throwing which is sloppy.
          Unfortunately I knew that, I still find the fielders too slow and that bar too fast. Are you supposed to stop it in the middle or near the end?

Comment

Middle for the optimum throw.

Comment

Do all the bowlers share the same bowling action?

I've always hated this in cricket games. Other sport games have individual animations mimicking their real life counterparts like in Vitua Tennis 3, Top Spin, and Pro Evolution Soccer. In most cricket games everyone bats and and bowls identically to everyone else. Brett Lee doesn't have the same bowling motion as Hoggard and Panesar's bowling looks completely different to Shane Warne or Muralitharan.

Is it any different in this game?

Comment

I lie the bit where the bowler picks up his marker and moves it, when in fact he picks up sod all and moves sod all.

The stumping every ball is bloody annoying and the snail pace fielding is also dire.

Apart from that I enjoyed it LOL

Comment

grabbed this yesterday and think its been getting a bit of a harsh kicking.

its only a demo and its in the slog setting.

i quite enjoyed it and agree its not without minor irritants but they are just that, and most animations can be skipped by a button press.

I intend to pick it up but will hunt around as not worth ?40 if you have the old ps2 version.

Comment

I thought it was fun, here's hoping it's region free, or that a PS3 version is released. Anyone know if a PS3 version is on the cards?

Comment

i've played a few more games this morning on the demo and its a buyer for sure, I'm a big cricket fan and think this is a fairly good effort, way better than the EA disaster.

just wish you had the option in cricket games to do a charge down the pitch KP style, it seems a little styfling to be stuck in the crease.

i'm looking forward to some decent ltd over games on live anyway, hope some other people buy it !

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                        just wish you had the option in cricket games to do a charge down the pitch KP style, it seems a little styfling to be stuck in the crease.
                        You can charge down the wicket, it's been confirmed. I think you have to build up your batting meter, then it becomes available.

The Rllmuk thread has someone who works at Codemasters confirm a few bits and bobs.

Comment

Working...
                        X