Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UEFA Champions League 2007 [demo/xbox 360]

Demo Description:
    A 5 minute demo where you can control either Barcelona or Arsenal.
    Upon demo finishing, it will boot you back to the 360 dashboard.

Well, time to spot the difference here...
    if you've played FIFA 07' the only thing you will know that's different is the speed of the match is a lot slower than the pace in 07' and the default camera has zoomed out slightly.

Other than that, the animations as near enough the same used as before, and STILL no trick-stick.
    Booo...

The pitch looks like it's fake. I just can't get into it.

Comment

I've really got the ache with Pro Evo 6 at the moment, far too many broken gameplay mechanics that have been detrimental to my experience with it as of late. Downloaded EA's quarterly update of the series and was quite surprised to find it halfway playable, by that, I mean decent.

The presentation has never been a shortcoming for the series and certainly the LIVE component is shaping up to be impressive. But, for me, UEFA did the simple things right - like passing and shooting for starters. Players peeling off defenders and defences not being complete twats and sliding when selecting another player! It's often said imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and EA are mighty close to usurping Pro Evo if the retail version shows the same promise.

IMO of course.

Comment

Does anyone know how this dream team card collecting mode is gonna work in the full game, it sounds semi intresting.

Comment

I think the basic gist is this;

You earn credits by playing the game as per usual. Kinda like Pro Evo with it's WEN points system. But, with these points you can buy a pack of "cards", which come in a Bronze, Silver and Gold variety. You put together your "Ultimate Team" from these cards (which I'm led to believe you can also trade online). You can then take your "Ultimate Team" online and play against others.

Sorry if I haven't explained that well.

Comment

So i take it the players' faces still look more like gargoyles than the people they are meant to represent?

Comment

Played the demo and for me this is what they should have done with the 360 version of Fifa 07 and thats to have kept the fifa 07 gameplay from the ps2/xbox versions and used it with the new game engine then Fifa 07 on 360 would have been more apreciated but now they have implemented the Fifa 07gameplay from ps2/xbox into this Champions League game and it plays real nice now just like fifa 07 on ps2 but its been tweaked here n there plus the engine is lush.Gameplay level seems to be on normal which is realy very easy so crank this up to world class level and it will be a hell of a challenge.

G.

Comment

For me this game is definately just fifa 07 but with different options and a new name

Comment

Originally posted by powerslide View Post
                  So i take it the players' faces still look more like gargoyles than the people they are meant to represent?
                  Is that not just what Ronaldinho looks like in real life

Comment

Originally posted by neverevertrevor View Post
                    For me this game is definately just fifa 07 but with different options and a new name

Yep but with the gameplay from the ps2/xbox versions which is a dam site better than the gameplay in 360s version of Fifa 07.

Comment

Working...
                    X