Tiger Woods 07 Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger Woods 07 Wii

Got this on Friday and thought i would post up some impresions seems as no one else has yet.

first off I'm a big golf fan and was looking for something a bit more heavy duty than wii golf, and in that department it delivers theres a massive amount of courses and tours on offer as well as all the usual create a player lark to create poor elephant man type deformed golfers.

you can play this two ways as well with either the couch potato fave using the wii's analog stick for swing, or the more active wii sports style real swing method, the Remote on its own is the best control method and one reason to get this over the next gen versions. it seems a lot more acurate than wii sports golf too as you can hook and slice if you don't get the swing right.

I dont know if its because i play real golf but i could pretty much straight away get everything going straight and my power at 100%+ i even managed a fantastic chip in from the side of the green. putting is nice and easy too and similar to wii sports but again a bit refined.

So control wise I've been pretty happy with this it takes the wii sports style controls and improves them quite a bit adding more sensitivity to an already great system.

The thing that really lets this game down though is the looks i know the wii isn't as powerful as the 360, but tiger woods on the 360 really dose show this up, on the 360 tiger woods is bright and vibrant where as the courses on the wii are a bit muddy and lacking a lot of the detail my HD spoiled eyes have come to expect.

it's a fun game though and I've played it to death this weekend its just a shame EA couldent put a bit more time into making it look a bit nicer.

Have you tried playing with real swing on the Advanced setting?, I was alright until I changed that option and ended up hooking or slicing wildly on shots that I swear I hit straight. Putting is awkward as well I found but when you get it right it's way more satisfying getting the ball in the cup with the Wii remote than a normal pad.

Comment

Despite playing the 360 version to death, I'm still interested in this ...

I expect it requires a backswing for each shot (unlike WiiSports)? And does it interpret your movement on the swing reasonably accurately?

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa View Post
        Have you tried playing with real swing on the Advanced setting?, I was alright until I changed that option and ended up hooking or slicing wildly on shots that I swear I hit straight. Putting is awkward as well I found but when you get it right it's way more satisfying getting the ball in the cup with the Wii remote than a normal pad.
        not tried on advance will give it a go tonight as i just left everything on default but i tend to play on standard settings most of the time so i doubt this will spoil it for me

as for back swing yeah you need a back swing it says in the practice bit that this sets the power of the shot so the quicker you swing the harder you hit the ball and theres no wobbly line thing like wii sports either as it lets you hit the ball hard
        Last edited by Lebowski; 21-03-2007, 07:40.

Comment

How does it compare to Swing Golf? I know it lacks big-eyed loli pirate girls, but swing-wise, which game gives the best feeling (if you played Swing Golf, that's it)?

Comment

not played swing golf so cant really comment

Comment

i also play golf and also enjoyed it however couple of downsides i feel when using the real swing method and say for you need to hit the ball at 85% i find that difficult to gauge just now

Also how do you adjust the stregnth of puts? cant seem to find that option?

Comment

This sounds silly but how do you aim your shots? I saw a developer preview video and in that the guy aimed by moving this big floating ring around on the floor rather than pointing Mr Woods himself in the intended direction. He also sotod shaking the remote like mad to make the ball go further. Are these features still in?

(P.S. please say no )

Comment

Official Nintendo Mag gave the control method on this a roasting in it's review. Said it beyond poor.

Comment

to aim you can either move left and right with the d-pad on the Wii mote or you can hold the a button down and it zooms to your aiming postion where you can grab the aiming ring and move it left and right (cant see the point myself as the d-pad dose this quicker as for shakey to do a super shot yeah thats in there too

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                    Official Nintendo Mag gave the control method on this a roasting in it's review. Said it beyond poor.
                    check out some of the reviews here

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

i think its one of them things you either get the control or you don't as i have said not had a problem myself
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 21-03-2007, 14:13.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I think that sounds stoopid. Maybe I'll go for Super Swing after all...

Comment

Working...
                      X