Virtua Tennis 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtua Tennis 3

Just had a chance to play the full version (after a good few hours on Brian Lara) and I can honestly say I am very impressed. The demo released on Marketplace a few days back was definately on the hard setting because the proper full game is much more forgiving, obviously dependant on what setting you have your game set to. Well anyway I went straight in to World Tour mode created a character and anyone who is familiar with the series will be right at home here. The usual stuff, you create a player and rise him up through the world ranking while getting your stats up by playing crazy mini games which as always are a blast. There are some new additions (well at least I think they are), you now also have an academy where you can also build up your stats by doing certain challenges. The challenges range from beginner to professional or something I guess, only guessing because I did all the beginner ones and just unlocked the normal challenges. Another new addition is a stamina gauge for your player, if the gauge goes completely down you can do yourself an injury which could put you out for weeks and lower hard earned ranking, I found out the hard way! The way to keep your stamina up is to go to your house and regain your stamina in 3 different ways, drink a sports drink, just relax at home or take a vacation....nice little addition I thought.
    Now onto a feature which I really liked called VT-TV, similar to PGR3's Gotham TV but dare I say better executed. This feature is accessed by going to the Xbox Live mode and you can view the best players in action, just a view a match (from a list) that is going on or watch highlights of the best matches today. It doesn't end there though, I was browsing through one of mates profiles, who also has the game, while I was playing and one of the options I got on his gamer card was "view last match", chose the option and it basically showed me the last match he played online.....great little feature, especially if your mate lost his last game
    A better all round package than Top Spin 2 in my opinion, if you like your tennis games, this is a must have!

(Oh yeah the "catchy" background music is still there from the demo, but I think you can turn it off....)
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 22-03-2007, 03:03.

Yep looking forward to some matches on live the tournement mode was a tad easy though after the demo ;-)

Comment

Getting on much better with the final, really enjoying it.

We can say what we want about the game itself, but it's still another great job by Sumo.

Comment

The demo was on hard hence you finding the main game much easier.

Might see if I can pick this up just now !

Comment

Just ready your impressions Eezy - Nice work - That VT-TV sounds amazing it's a deffo for me get you on for some tonight

Comment

Not oen for me. Had a bash and came away with a 'so what' impression. Top Spin did all this better 12 months ago.

What's with the blurovision ball? Looks crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
              Just ready your impressions Eezy - Nice work - That VT-TV sounds amazing it's a deffo for me get you on for some tonight
              I will be about on it tonight if you fancy a game just send me an invite!

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                I will be about on it tonight if you fancy a game just send me an invite!

can you add me as well mate? GT Henrik Larsson

Should be on between 6-7 then again after 11 hopefully

Cheers

Comment

Oh my this is ACE . Much better than the great demo and soem of the mini games are just sheer madness , This own Top Spin so much its untrue . Only bad part is they was a bit of lag online (but nothing too bad) and that took a while to get used to.

Overall top work by AM#3 and Sumo

Comment

Love thr fact that you can just press X on the main menu to quick play, as that's really all I need! This is a game I'll play now and again to fill time.

Comment

Just to let you guys know that VT3 on the PSP is wicked too!

Comment

Yeah, the PSP version is great. Does anyone know if you can change the camera angle?

Comment

Any of you guys getting sound problems with this?

Mainly in tournament mode (i've turned the music off, if that makes a difference)

And when you at the 5th stage (i think wimbledon) and the extra 6th stage (russia) do you get weird sound distortions? which sounds like when you muffle a microphone - if you get what i mean.

Comment

Try to press select to change camera angle. I think you have 2 views - full and zoom.

Comment

Doesn't work on the PSP version. There is an option called 'fix camera' in the settings, do you think this might have anything to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                              X