Tmnt - 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tmnt - 360

This is the movie tie in game from ubisoft and is the pretty standard licensed game. it is an action platformer in which you run and jump the turtles through a bunch of levels and occasionally engage in some fairly dull combat.

however, achievement whores of the world unite!!

this is perhaps the easiest 1000 achievement points since kong.

in a full play through you will get all but one and going back to play the first level will unlock the final one (the coin achievement refers to gold coins and not normal coins. gold coins unlock on a second play of the level.)

the game is basically a kiddies prince of persia. you move along the level taking a fixed route, jumping, wall running and such like while a fixed camera tracks you.

the platforming is not bad, it is simple and quick and can be considered fun.

you also rack up extra continues really easily and when you die in combat you rapidly tap A to revive so it is super easy to get through.

the combat has one main attack button, a kick button and a coop button. the coop button allows you to perform a two man move with one of the other turtles and perform a powerful attack. you also have a bar which charges when you kill an enemy. once charged the game goes into slow mo and one hit will kill an enemy.

i am a huge fan of the turtles so it which pretty much a must buy but it is at least mildly enjoyable to play through.

it is a port of the ps2 or wii version so it doesn't look that great but it has been released at a lower price point and will no doubt be a tenner on play.com soon. surprisingly, it features some rather nasty slowdown pretty much constantly which is odd considering it is the ps2 or wii version running on a 360.

the game also features some movie footage every now and then and it stutters like hell.

the game is worth a play if you are a turtles fan or want 1000 really easy points

I thought it played like "My first Pirnce Of Persia"
    And why do the turtles have Ridge Racer stle headlight trails ?

Comment

well that was about 5 hours for a total playthrough getting 1000/1000 points

it was fairly enjoyable throughout despite a couple of infuriating platform sections towards the end.

if you are just looking for points it is definitely a renter and not a buyer

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
        This is the movie tie in game from ubisoft and is the pretty standard licensed game. it is an action platformer in which you run and jump the turtles through a bunch of levels and occasionally engage in some fairly dull combat.

however, achievement whores of the world unite!!

this is perhaps the easiest 1000 achievement points since kong.

in a full play through you will get all but one and going back to play the first level will unlock the final one (the coin achievement refers to gold coins and not normal coins. gold coins unlock on a second play of the level.)

the game is basically a kiddies prince of persia. you move along the level taking a fixed route, jumping, wall running and such like while a fixed camera tracks you.

the platforming is not bad, it is simple and quick and can be considered fun.

you also rack up extra continues really easily and when you die in combat you rapidly tap A to revive so it is super easy to get through.

the combat has one main attack button, a kick button and a coop button. the coop button allows you to perform a two man move with one of the other turtles and perform a powerful attack. you also have a bar which charges when you kill an enemy. once charged the game goes into slow mo and one hit will kill an enemy.

i am a huge fan of the turtles so it which pretty much a must buy but it is at least mildly enjoyable to play through.

it is a port of the ps2 or wii version so it doesn't look that great but it has been released at a lower price point and will no doubt be a tenner on play.com soon. surprisingly, it features some rather nasty slowdown pretty much constantly which is odd considering it is the ps2 or wii version running on a 360.

the game also features some movie footage every now and then and it stutters like hell.

the game is worth a play if you are a turtles fan or want 1000 really easy points
        Good write up, I would have put the same. If you're a big fan of the franchise then get it. Too easy with the points though, gonna get some stick off my mates.
        Last edited by MarioMark; 22-03-2007, 19:21. Reason: Grammer... duh!

Comment

Selix: Is it really necessary to quote all of chopemons post.

Will keep an eye out for this hitting the bargain bins methinks.

Comment

quote chopemon FTW!!!

i have many pearls of wisdom

i have to say that it would have been nice if it had gone on a bit longer

i did enjoy the game but cannot recommend paying 30 quid unless you really, really like the turtles (and lord knows i do)

i can see a number of people in the gamerscore high score thread picking this up for point whoring...

Comment

I,ve gotta say although this gme is particulary bad, (well according to my 4 year old son anyway) he got bored after the first level, he'd much rather be knocking about on gears of war. Anyways the game isnt good it comes close to being in a boredom league with King Kong, with even worse camera angles on tmnt than there is when your actually playing as kong

Save your £30-£40 unless you dont mind paying that much just to get a thousand points, took me 6 hours or so in total to get maximum points, although having spent 10 hours a day for 8 weeks try to get the seriously achievement on gears for 50 points, I feel like I have just robbed fort knox and that for my 1000 tmnt points I should be jailed for life!

Comment

(well according to my 4 year old son anyway) he got bored after the first level, he'd much rather be knocking about on gears of war.
                The 18-certificate, eff-word-riddled Gears Of War?

Comment

yeah well its the only thing that keeps the little fart quiet!!!!!

anyways he hears worse language from his mother!!!!!

He's playing crackdown just now, he has 25 achievements at it and 450points, that says he is ready to play these games

Comment

I wonder if developers will start releasing games with very easy achievement points when they know they have a duff - average games to shift extra sales to the achievement whores? It could happen.

Comment

blair yor probably right mate, for definate it will happen, thats if it hasnt already.

Comment

Fusion Frenzy 2 cough

anyway, back on topic ....

Comment

Most important question: Is Casey Jones in the game? If so, is he playable?

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain View Post
                            Selix: Is it really necessary to quote all of chopemons post.
                            lol just read your post, sorry mate.
                            Last edited by MarioMark; 27-03-2007, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by neverevertrevor View Post
                              yeah well its the only thing that keeps the little fart quiet!!!!!
                              I actually can't believe that I'm reading that.

Originally posted by neverevertrevor View Post
                              He's playing crackdown just now, he has 25 achievements at it and 450points, that says he is ready to play these games
                              Jesus christ man..."that says he's ready to play these games"...at FOUR years old? Hell, he's your kid and its none of my business but ****ing hell!

Comment

Working...
                              X