Boku wa kuukou kanseikan DS - I am an air traffic controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boku wa kuukou kanseikan DS - I am an air traffic controller

Can't imagine there are that many interested but aam pleased to discuss if there is.

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Not played one of the series before. Basically, you take control of a domestic airport in Japan and schedule all the take off, landings and taxing for the airport for a while. Pretty simple premise but nicely done. The top screen acts as the view on the airport (in isometric view) and the bottom as the control and info screen.
    Starts off simply with a single runway and clear weather and then progresses as you try and take into account wind, timing the take offs and landins so there are smooth slots etc. As far as I can tell, the airports are Fukuoka,
    Kansai, Nagoya, Haneda[Tokyo] and Sapporo although, to be honest, they look fairly similar.
    Each airport (I think) has 3 levels - the first of which is very simple - which are unlocked as the prior is cleared.
    I am trying to do the intermediate stages now and the pilots get stressed quickly; there is clearly insufficient space to keep the planes on the ground; the taxing vehicle is way too slow; pilots just keep going even if there is a plane there; pilots keep chickening out of landings etc etc. Its actually really good fun and there is quite a buzz from overcoming a busy spike n the schedule and seeing it all clear up.

With a bit of memory, and advice, I'd say it is playable without language skills. Although the buttons are not that clear, there are only a few things you can do at a time so it is usually obvious. A bit colour coded (but I am colour blind!). It'd be great if someone else on here was playing this.

We can compare scores too.
    Last edited by charlesr; 10-04-2007, 18:38.

Sounds interesting. Is there a story line or is it purely arcade?

And can you do this? (see attached)
    Attached Files

Comment

I was intereste in the game but I assume the quantity of japanese text is unbearable for non-speakers, right?

Comment

If you get it, I'll help you. I think it is playable if you understand the basics of what you wanna do - ie schedule take offs and landings.
        At any given time, you CAN have 5 options but, once you have played a bit it is fairly obvious.
        eg SIMPLIFIED!
        LANDING
        [speed up] [speed down] [choose runway]
        --------
        [confirm landing][abort landing]
        ---------------
        [wait for taxiing][choose gate]
        -----------------
        Last edited by saif; 15-04-2007, 11:28. Reason: added to

Comment

I picked this up in May when I finally found a copy in the shops and really enjoyed playing the beginner levels, though the difference in the difficulty levels is on the ridiculous side. I'm going to have a play on it again later to see if I can get any further.

Comment

Working...
          X