Super Paper Mario (US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Paper Mario (US)

Can't believe there isn't a thread for this already?

Anyway....This game is great! The graphics are bright, i love the paper mechanics that're applied to the design and make it stick out more than ever IMO.

I've not played it that much, about 2 hours. I've had a mini boss and a boss, The mini boss didn't require much thinking and was just a *JUMP!* affair, but the boss had a pretty unique twist.

Wait for him to come in from the side, then flip to 3d and jump on his back, run along to his head and hit his weak point for massive damage

The Pixls seem like a pretty cool addition too, adding skills to mario. I've read that the wii controller usage feels like it's been bolted on...i really don't feel like that from my experience with the game so far, i don't see how using the butterfly pixl would have worked anywhere near as good with an analog stick.

BUY BUY BUY!

I have Paper Mario for the Wii. Any big differences? I never completed that one as I lost interest. So is it a must-buy for me?

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
      I have Paper Mario for the Wii. Any big differences? I never completed that one as I lost interest. So is it a must-buy for me?
      You mean for gamecube? Yeah quite a big difference imo, all the battles take place out of the battle field, it's like a platformer with RPG elements. You jump on a koopa's head, and it takes off 1 damage. BUT

If you have a koopa card, it'll take off more damage like 2 or 3 points, making him easier to kill.

The platforming is no where near as deep as normal mario games mind, the agenda here is more focused on solving puzzles using the powers you've acquired. It's 2d aswell compared to PM2's weird 3d with 2d thing.

well, until you get the dimensional flip power, then you can turn it 3d to view things from another perspective and solve puzzles.

Seems alot more suited to short attention spans and feels linear compared to PM2 so far.

Comment

Can't believe there aren't more people voicing their opinions on this game. It arrived yesterday, and I spent a good few hours on it. I love the dialogue, especially

Bowser, Count Bleck and the other bad guys

Haven't played paper mario before, but just love the style.

The dimesnsion flipping ain't too shabby either. Also just had my first (mini?) boss battle. Pretty standard affair, jump on him to knock health off.

Overall, good so far. Let's see how much better it gets

Comment

Now does this control? Have they ruined it with Wii controls?

Comment

Soooo

Any news on any non-kiddie-cartoon-like title not aimed at younglins (that won't suck) anytime soon for the Wii?

No?

bah.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by Juha View Post
              Soooo

Any news on any non-kiddie-cartoon-like title not aimed at younglins (that won't suck) anytime soon for the Wii?
              I doubt this game is aimed at the younglins.

Comment

Soooo

No?

bah.

J.

This seems as apt a place as any to post this...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrsquare View Post
                  This seems as apt a place as any to post this...
                  If that's really in the game, that's bloody brilliant
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Soooo

No?

bah.

J.

sounds like you got the wrong console.
                    Wii offers fun, by the looks of it your not after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      If that's really in the game, that's bloody brilliant
                      Yeah, I think its genuine

Comment

Originally posted by Selix View Post
                        Now does this control? Have they ruined it with Wii controls?
                        Like Synthesthesia says, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the controls. After completing the 1st chapter I've encountered no motion sensing parts. You do use the wiimote sporadically

as a pointerfor finding hidden doors, and whilst it doesn't seem necessary to have in the game, it isn't really annoying.

Other than that, really digging the humour. Maybe it's because it's my first Paper Mario.....

Comment

Originally posted by themanwithapc View Post
                          Like Synthesthesia says, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the controls. After completing the 1st chapter I've encountered no motion sensing parts. You do use the wiimote sporadically

as a pointerfor finding hidden doors, and whilst it doesn't seem necessary to have in the game, it isn't really annoying.

Other than that, really digging the humour. Maybe it's because it's my first Paper Mario.....
                          Sorry mate I wasn't clear enough, what I meant is what's the control configuration?

Comment

You hold the controller on its side like a nes pad.

Dpad for movement & the 1 & 2 buttons to run & jump ect....

Also if you point it at the screen it goes into search mode where a beam appears like a torch so you can get more info on enemies & find hidden secrets.

Comment

Anyone found that

replica of Super Mario Bros level 1-2

yet? The one shown in a few trailers. I'm on the 2nd chapter and I haven't

Comment

Working...
                              X