No announcement yet.

Lord of the Rings Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to login this morning at about the time you posted, and there was a message waiting on the launcher saying they'd fixed the issue...but then they said that last week too!

It's frustrating, especially as Codemasters have experience of MMO's having published a number of them in Europe. Also they've had a lenghty beta for lotro which was designed to iron out these issues.

Comment

Hmm played the beta and didnt like it, if theres a free trial out I might give it another try. Someone to do for a couple hours at least

Comment

I knew I never should have read this thread, im weak. Im currently on Evernight as a Captain named Orgun.

Theres definately a lot more polish since the last time I played.

Comment

Orgun, don't suppose you have a spare trial key yourself now do you?

Comment

I do indeed, pm'd.

You'll need to download the client from fileplanet or somewhere, suggest downloading it before you activate the account

Comment

This game is sooooo addictive, almost put two days into it now and I'm only level 22 of 50. I've finished questing around Bree Land now, though I decided to drop all the quests in the Old Forest because it was such a frustrating experience finding anything (worst. design. ever).

Currently questing in the Lone Lands, Weathertop Hill ftw

Comment

Hehe your right, I dont know if its simply the fact that I have a really really comfortable leather chair now (replaced a cheapo plastic one that came with the £15 table haha) but i've actually been able to play this for extended periods and not get bored. Currently lvl 13 Captain.

Any of you guys on Evernight in a Kinship that I could join?

Comment

Thinking of getting this soon, does anyone have a spare keey I could use? Thanks

Comment

Man this thread is OLD!

Just got a mail from Codemasters saying they're giving me a free week. Normally I'd just delete these things, but last time I played the game I had a laptop that made the game look so bad I couldn't play it. Should at least look half decent this time.

Don't suppose there's any danger anyone is still playing this?

EDIT: At this rate it might be finished downloading by Monday...
                    Last edited by Number45; 17-11-2009, 16:09.

Comment

God no! Like all MMOs I got sick of the bloody thing after about 5 days playtime and never want to see it again!

Which is quite funny reading back my posts in the thread

Comment

Bump

this is free to play now

Comment

I've been playing this for the last few weeks, it's quite good. It's pretty much a carbon copy of WOW but if you've never played or are burned out on that it makes a nice alternative.

The way the talents (traits in this game) work is quite well done, instead of simply getting them as you level up they are tied to LOTRO's version of achievements, Deeds. You get deeds for various things like exploring the world and killing enemies, so this adds a nice feeling of being able to 'work' on your character.

The LOTR setting and quests also help making things a bit different, the world is vast and looks pretty and the main storyline quests can be quite interesting.

Overall I'd say it's well worth checking out if you like MMO's. Mind though that the free to play is basically a neverending trial, if you play more than 2 hours a week or so and you want to make some progress a subscription is pretty much the only way to go.

Comment

Downloaded the trial on Friday to try it out and managed a few hours on this. Agree that it plays very similar to WoW and is well suited if you just want a casual MMO. Probably didn't get far enough, but didn't feel compelled to put money into it. There seemed to be quite a bit of content for the free player.

Comment

Working...
                            X