Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince of Persia - Rival Swords (Wii)

Am i the only one playing this?

I had a look around for a first play thread and was dissapointed.

Anyways,

This game is bloody superb, I picked it up at the weekend and its cured my wii single player, non mini-game drought! The graphics are pretty good, not GoW standard but still good enough to make you feel immersed in the game, which is whats its all about imo. The music is very mystic feeling and the audio is just about right with the sound effects from the guards, sword clashes etc.

The most important bit however is gameplay and this one does it so well, from what I hear this is a port of an older PoP game but its still superb. THe level design is immense and some bits really get you scratching your head. The mix of combat and puzzles is also pretty decent with the "speed kill" use of the wiimote making it feel very rewarding when you grab someones through from above with your chains and throttle them

The wiimote and nunchuck control the camera and princes movements and Ive got to admit it works really well. Swinging the nunchuck uses your secondary weapon and if your the dark prince it works your chains, which you can use to swing about the place.

Boss fights have to be seen to be believed, it reminded me a bit like the Cyclops battle in Dark Messiah, the way you have to chain your attacks together to succesfully beat them is a really nice touch imo.

Anyways, if you own a wii and have completed Zelda and are sick of the mini game madness and long for single player goodness. Get yourself out there and pick this up.

i got this too, its pritty good, love the platforming and fighting, ive not played any pop game before so its all new to me,

only complaint the graphics, id rate it 80%

Comment

Visited a customer of mine at the weekend (I fix computers) found they had a Wii & that the kid was playing this. I hadn't realised it was out & was quite impressed seeing the platforming element.

The reviews I read when I got home put me off, tho' - one of them basically said "doesn't add anything to the original version - save a few quid & buy it for the Gamecube".

Edit: I don't mean to be an old misery - I'd love to hear this assessment was wrong, as I really like the Wii's controls for FPS.

Stroller.

Comment

I never even heard this is out. I am a big fan of sands of time. Is it like this or warrior within / two thrones?

I might check this one out when i'm done with paper mario.

Comment

its a cheap remake of the two thrones with a bit of Wii exclusive controls.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
            its a cheap remake of the two thrones with a bit of Wii exclusive controls.
            Sounds crap. I'll wait for a proper 360 next-gen version then!

Comment

far from crap, infact the controls make it great fun

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                far from crap, infact the controls make it great fun

THis to me is the statement that sums this game up

Without the ingenious controls this game would probably not have got more than 60% from me, but the fact u can hack and slash and put out some lovely combos and death moves with the remotes make it a winner

Comment

Working...
                X