Diner Dash DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diner Dash DS

After the 8/10 review Eurogamer gave this game I thought i'd pre-order from play.com at 17.99 (Cheapest i've seen, normal price is 24.99). It turned up this morning and I played during my daily commute to London.

At first it seems really simple, the main premise of the game is to sit, serve and care for the customer as a waitress would. It can get quite hectic at times when you've got more customers than tables and people are waiting for their food etc.

Control wise it's really tap the correct area needed to perform the action. Tap customers, tap table, they sit. It's simple but nigh on perfect for this kind of game for hectic moments. Graphically it's simple and easy, nothing too taxing.

After a few levels in the start off typical american diner you get more tables and you can also unlock extras by performing well during previous stages. This then opens the doors for bigger families with babies as you unlock high chairs but this also opens a new avenue for problems.

Overall, it's a tricky game to explain at this hour but i'm really taking a liking to it. It's simple to control but complex to play during the rush hours. I'd recommened it to anyone who enjoys Theme Park style games.

Any questions and i'll try and make a bit of sense in future hours.
    Last edited by Dezm0nd; 04-05-2007, 08:23.

Sounds great, is there a Japanese version?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks. How does the dual screen get used?

Comment

I'm not sure about a JPN version, but the bottom screen utilises all the resturaunt action and the top screen gives you your scores and overall performance.

Just had a restaurant critic enter which added a nice spin on the stage, had to attend to her ASAP but this started the pissing baby to cry because I forgot the high chair.. which led to the people next to the baby to bash their table...

I ended up giving out coffees as a moral booster (which is represented in a heart shaped gauge under their table)

Comment

Learning new tricks as you play, you can tap each part of the diner ina row it'll form a queue of actions. getting more frantic each stage.

Moved on to my next restaurant now and new classes of customer are coming in "the bookworm" who dont like being disturbed and take ages to order
          Last edited by Dezm0nd; 04-05-2007, 15:26.

Comment

How does this differ from the flash version on the PC? Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
            X