Draglade (DS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draglade (DS)

I have been progressing through Draglade on the DS for the past few days and i thought i would post some impresions.

This is a weird one, i ordered the game knowing almost nothing about the title, apart from it reminding me of Gal Fighters on the NGPC from a small video i saw. All though the character design is similar to that of Gal Fighters, the game plays a lot more like a Bleach game. Having only played the First Bleach DS game, i would say that this is very much an improvement on that title.

You take control of 1 of 4 characters from what seams like a group of friends. You come across rivals which you have to battle, they try to kidnap your friends and you battle the rivals in order to stop your friends being kidnaped. I assume that i am traveling to a location for some reason but my Japanese not being great i don't know where or why.The fighting system works well on the DS. A is a special button, you can assign 6 powers to the button that you interchange on the touch screen. While this sounds like it could be hard to use mid fight i feel it is pulled off well. You have an up and A, down and A, and just A moves, and each can be swaped from secondry use to primary. It sounds complex but it is only a quick touch of the screen. The B button is used for jumps and jump attacks. X and Y use your weapon, X is soft attack and Y is hard attack. Things get interesting when you use your special bar. It plays like a mini game of DDR, if you hit the button at the correct time you add to your combo and damage, but this is done in real time so the rival can still break that combo before it is complete. The moves list is small, this is due to a lot of the battle being focused on the special attacks/items.

When going between towns, it plays like a scrolling beat-um-up you come across animals that have different strengths. Turtles can hide and have a very high defence. Tigers are very fast and strong etc...

The game does boast wifi play and 2 player play, but i am yet to try these.

Is it import friendly?

The game has a LOT of what seams to be meaningles Japanese text. It is very simple to navigate through, even with all this text flying at you at every turn. This is due to the area that you need to get to, flashing on a map, on the touch screen. I would love to know what is going on and i did have a problem with one of the training missions (block 3 attacks) as i was trying to counter and hit back. Other than that i have progressed quite far into the game. Sadly the shop is no good to me (uless i just buy random items) so all my earned money is just sitting in the bank. That is starting to hit me hard, as i am coming up against rivals, who have 10X the energy and a lot more power in their weapon.

I am enjoying this game, i think i will enjoy it more when an FAQ is available, one is being worked on by some guys on the gamefaqs board.
Working...
X