No announcement yet.

Etrian Odyssey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An other thread bump...finally reached the last stratum!
    Floor 20 was pretty hard, but the hardest surprise was the last stratum name...

Lost Shinjuku. I think I'm getting tired of the old "our world turned into a fantasy one after some cataclysmic event (and of course we're in Japan)", I'd have preferred to keep it all fantasy without mixing the cliched lost civilization storyline. Especially because "Ronins come from a distant land"...we're in Japan dammit and they are samurai!

The game is still fun and challenging, at the beginning I was more interested in small quests but now I'm quite hooked up to discover what's at the end of the labyrinth.
    Excellent game, however.

Comment

Last thread bump...I hope!

Finished the game. The last boss was kinda lame (well, I was around level 68 and the game caps at level 70 with a couple of one-of-a-kind items, so I wasn't exactly unprepared), but there's a 6th stratum to explore with a lot of vicious enemies and extra bosses around the previous floors, plus all sidequests to finish. I have currently retired my landswhatever to register a new warrior with enhaced stats and extra bonus points and will do so with all my other characters to produce the ultimate party

And I hope I'll be able to beat that golden dragon, when I tried the first time its first attack delivered 2000+ damage points to each member...their maximum HP was around 600 HPs!

Comment

Thanks keeping this going. I've been on the cusp of buying this a few times and it's nice to hear that you played it to completion.

Comment

Warning: spoilers below.

From the diary of a guildmaster

Etria, day xxxx of year xxxx

Dear diary, you know I'm bad remembering days and years, so bear with me a just let me write what happened in the last few days.

After discovering the last stratum of the labyrinth and that against some of the monsters dwelling in it it would be good to have an Holy Hand Grenade, most of the original guild members reached level 70 and they wanted to retire. The recruits they brought as substitute are all good girls and are learning fast; best thing is that each newbie look very similarly to their master, making easy to remember who's who. Yes, I'm also bad with names.
          The last recruit is an alchemist, MOMO. Of course the first MOMO taught her the basis of alchemy and despite not still being able to dish the same amount of damage as her master, she learned how to warp the party of of the labyrinth. And not to die when a butterfly hits.

The party is currently led by Motoko, our veteran Ronin.
          Oh, I do remember when he first entered the guild hall. She whore a beautiful kimono but was very timid, especially when I put her with in a veteran party, leaving Aina, a Protector, here to do most of the paperwork.
          Aina is stil with us and practices everyday, but it has been a long time since she entered the labyrinth.
          The main party sometime asked me to bring her back as her defensive skills are handy, but Motoko grew up so fast that her ability to one-hit kill things offset the whole "defense" thing.

Right now I've instructed the new party to inspect all stratums: they even tried the last stratum, but it was too much; they are currently slicing the remaining forest folks on the 18th level; they report it's kinda difficult because warriors can kill them with one hit, but Motoko is keeping them in line and the nearby spring keeps them up.

About the forest folk: I'd really to know where that small forest girl went. It's the single speaking humanoid entity encountered in the deepest levels, the girls insist it was kinda cute and they miss someone else to talk with. They don't like soldiers, they say they are afraid of everything and they look them in a bad way; unfortunately you cannot beat them as they are officials from the Radha Hall, and the superintendent will raise a storm if something happens to his precious soldiers.

I also saw that the cost of rooms at the inn have dropped since the new recruits are in. That always smiling guy must hide something behind that grin. I'm sure he's into loli or something: I must warn Shion, our medic, to stay away from him before something bad happens. Bad for him, I mean.

She might be a medic but that staff she's always carrying is heavy and of course the whole guild will be after him.
          Dear diary, you've never seen a group of five women angry at something and I hope you never will: I went with them once in the forest and when they encountered a FOE they began grinning and laughing sadistically; the FOE took the hardest beating I saw in my life and they were happy. Bloodlust happy, I tell you.
          Of course, after encountering a FOE they couldn't beat, they just ran away without shame.

Even if working the rookies out has put an halt to the more demaning tasks we have, the party is around level 30 already. Soon they will be able to step into the fifth stratum to re-start gathering precious things, Christin, the landswhatever, really wants that Meteor Axe. 165'000 en. I hope it's worth the money.
          And then there are those two dragons to kill. I'll need all party members at level 70 with the best equipment possible, but by that time even Motoko would have retired and her pupil will be in the party.

Oh, yes, just to answer you question, Dear Diary: yes, all my guild members are female. Why should I register males when I can have sweet girls around my guild hall?

Comment

I don't know, I couldn't really stomach the idea of having my party made up of 6 year old girls, so all my characters are manly men. Except for the troubadour. Because girls are good at singing and playing instruments and washing up and stuff, right?

Comment

Bit of a bump but I've only started playing this in the last week and just have to say it's awesome. Hard but addictive as hell and really rewarding. A great little handheld project for sunny summer weekends! Floor eight shall be chartered tonight hopefully.

Watch out for those FOE's though!

Comment

Working...
              X