SEGA: Presents Touch Darts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEGA: Presents Touch Darts

From the screen shots and trailers that I have seen, Touch Darts looked like it could work well and have much more depth than the Darts game found in Clubhouse Classics. While the depth is there, I doubt very much that anybody will want to put up with the controls to discover it.

The controls for all the games are the same as those found in Clubhouse Classics darts. However I find myself trying hard to throw the dart, and if I pull to hard it goes out the board or high up. The game does not cope well, if you have to hit the lower half of the board. However I do feel like I have a bit more control (when I throw) as to where it lands than in Clubhouse.

The music is nice and very bulseye esque. The presentation is also good, easy to navigate and very dart like, with cartoon graphics used but a semi realistic look at the board.

At the title screen you have 2 options

Quick Play
    Touch to Start (I guess that’s not so quick play)

Quick Play is just that. Choose the amount of players and you’re in, throwing darts at the screen using the same pull back and lave go technique on Clubhouse classics.

In Touch to start

You first have to create your profile; well I say create a profile, which consists of touching an empty save slot. Once that is done you are confronted with the following options:

Tournament
    Challenge
    Multiplayer
    My player
    Options

Tournament is just that. You try to beat several different opponents to up your rank and win trophies.

Challenge is a series of dart style mini games. The one I have played card 21 has a few major flaws. The idea is to throw the dart at a board with cards on it, each card you hit is flipped and you get that score added to your total, go over 21 and you bust. As I touched on there is some major flaws, the computer player does not have to throw all 5 darts (you do), if you don't you will be awarded a loss. The computer character also seams to know what cards are where and plays on that.

I am yet to look at the other options/modes but I feel this game is very very poor. I know it is a budget game but feel even £9.99 is a bit much let alone £19.99

Just got this in the Play sale & i think its a great little game.

The controls feel pretty much perfect & you have total control over your throws. Any missed shots are entirely your fault, it never feels random or unfair.

Throwing works by touching the spot on the board that you want to hit. When you do a small target appears around that point & then without removing the stylus from the screen you just pull down + flick forward before stopping around the target area.

Not noticed any problems hitting the bottom of the board either, there's less room to throw but its not really a problem at all. The board can be scrolled up or down with the shoulder button anyway if you really do need a bit more space.
    If for some reason its still a problem you can just adjust your aim a little higher & throw a weak shot to drop it in, but its really not necessary.

You start off playing matches in venues such as your bedroom on a basic board with just the chirping of birds outside or in the basement with dripping water & gradually move up to better venues.
    Just started the second set of tournamets & now playing a pub which has spectators. Score well & they'll cheer while theres oohs & ahhs when you miss doubles.
    The outshot calculator is a nice touch aswell.

Winning tournaments unlocks various characters to choose & different flights to customise your darts.

Only problem so far are the computer opponents which have been pretty useless. Their shots are all over the place & so far they havn't been a threat at all. Im still not far into the game though so hopefully it'll be a bit more challenging later on.
    Would have been nice having online multiplayer aswell though.

The poster above might not like it but it's definitely not a poor game.

Well worth the £14.99 its selling for on Play at the moment.
    Last edited by andy; 06-07-2007, 06:17.

Comment

the players do not get better, in fact i've never lost a game never mind a leg or set as yet - and im on pro trophy

its still a nice game though, very moreish

the challenges are fun too

Comment

Working...
      X